X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tenor Freak
    • Dec 2010

Teh Jass Bored: Meta thread

Just noticed after all these years that the header above the Jass bored is out of date. Oh how we used to love complaining about Jezz on 3 and Jazz Line-Up....

Forum: Jazz programmes

Jazz Record Requests, Jazz on 3, Jazz Line-Up, Geoffrey Smith's Jazz
    Last edited by Tenor Freak; 27-09-22, 16:41. Reason: they tried to make me do Jazz Line-Up, but I said no no no
    all words are trains for moving past what really has no name
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

....congradulations Sir....I award you the Trevor Cooper Cup for being With It [not available for lady jass singers]
    bong ching

Comment

• Ian Thumwood
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
      ....congradulations Sir....I award you the Trevor Cooper Cup for being With It [not available for lady jass singers]
      Trevor Cooper's definition of jazz only considered anything recorded between 1950 and 1965. Of all the people who have contributed to this bored, he was probably the most ludicrous and certainly the most unforgiving in terms of his dismisal of anything he disliked. That said, I loved his debates with The Old Fella, a poster of the same vintage who was far more open-eared and compelled to put Cooper down. The only time I logged out if here for a few months was because I was fed up with TC's constant bickering as to what was jazz . For me, Calum's absence has probably been the biggest miss.

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Ian Thumwood View Post
        For me, Calum's absence has probably been the biggest miss.
        The human face of Moderation - missed by all

Okay, I have Jazz Record Requests, J to Z and Freeness. Is that it, then?
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Tenor Freak
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
          Ouch. Even on my worst days I'm nowhere near Trevor (in terms of age or attitude). It just shows what a thankless task being a forum admin is I suppose; Calum Da Jazbo is much missed here too.
          all words are trains for moving past what really has no name

Comment

Working...
          X