Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark Steel on Billie Holiday

One of my favourite comedians is Mark Steel and although I really enjoy his "In town" series , I was amazed that he had done a similar series dedicated to people with passion. One of the episodes is dedicated to Billie Holiday which you can download if you scroll down this page. Very profound but also extremely funny too:-

http://www.marksteelinfo.com/audiovideo/default.asp

Originally posted by Ian Thumwood View Post
    One of my favourite comedians is Mark Steel and although I really enjoy his "In town" series , I was amazed that he had done a similar series dedicated to people with passion. One of the episodes is dedicated to Billie Holiday which you can download if you scroll down this page. Very profound but also extremely funny too:-

http://www.marksteelinfo.com/audiovideo/default.asp
    Hilarious!

Thanks, Ian. At least we're agreed on Mark Steele! - having passed him a few times in that trademark black leather jacket I think he may live around these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      Hilarious!

Thanks, Ian. At least we're agreed on Mark Steele! - having passed him a few times in that trademark black leather jacket I think he may live around these parts.
      Harumph. I like Mark Steel, currently, and Billie Holiday, from birth to death. I'm tempted to listen to this programme.

So far though the former has said that he can't get his head around the amounts being paid to some comedians, let alone their tax arrangements. That isn't quite his usual forthright style.

I'd have preferred to hear "I'm earning X, my tax arrangements are Y and for Christ sake don't think of me as the funny version of Billy Bragg*".

It's the stuff of contagion, sadly, this week's debacle.

(*or more accurately, on tax rather than spending, the bloke who has the same initials as Jesus and that is the closest they will ever get)
      Last edited by Guest; 23-06-12, 17:32.

Comment

Working...
      X