• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

...no imagination and the facility to express it ... must be Wagner

...at least there is little cinematic about JLU this weekend ... and apart from Leo Blanco, native of Venezuela, JJ covers off on some british cds and the Herts Jazz Festival with Clarke Tracey ... lure brittania huh

JRR and Jon3 are cinematic, about which more may be said than is tolerable to hear ... [is it Howard Goodall's fault for praising movie music as the new crassikal (TM Kingkennytone; late of that parish)/]

Jon3 has a blog

...it fails to explain or apologise for G S being Wagnered ... there is no Geofrey Smith programme this week ...

this is topical and i was six months and a day old when it was recorded;

neither it nor i have been in a movie [a lie if truth be told, but i was an extra, it was a bad film and it disappeared without trace ... so i was never in a movie, right?] [... it is only one more Wagner, we promise!]
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Many thanks Calum! Jon3 at least looks interesting. Maybe I'm Byasd as well...

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      Many thanks Calum! Jon3 at least looks interesting. Maybe I'm Byasd as well...
      I was once in a TWW/Bristol TV 1965 doc about mods running riot in Weston. They paid us a fiver to rev our Vespas. Hey, dont knock it, even James Dean had to start somewhere. Still waiting for them to call my agent back.

BN.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BLUESNIK'S REVOX View Post
        I was once in a TWW/Bristol TV 1965 doc about mods running riot in Weston. They paid us a fiver to rev our Vespas. Hey, dont knock it, even James Dean had to start somewhere. Still waiting for them to call my agent back.

BN.
        The word used to go around in the industrial catering kitchen I worked back then - Shh: Clacton, this weekend.

Comment

• Quarky
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo;332156
          [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03b2g06"
          JRR[/URL] and Jon3 are cinematic, about which more may be said than is tolerable to hear ... [is it Howard Goodall's fault for praising movie music as the new crassikal (TM Kingkennytone; late of that parish)/]

Jon3 has a blog
          Not totally anti things Cinematic, and felt it was a brave attempt at Multimedia to put the video clips on the Jon3 website. My problem was that the "films" were rather uninteresting - dead insects stuck on film roll, 19th century science fiction. But I guess it's not possible to improvise freely to a well prepared movie with story line etc - the movie itself has to be pretty simple or just thrown together as in these clips.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

agree Oddball; the French did it best ...
            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• BLUESNIK'S REVOX
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
              agree Oddball; the French did it best ...
              CK/OUT Jacque Demy's" Demoiselles de Rochfoft" musical with Cathy Deneuve and her gorgeous sister dancing about the place. Score by Michel Legrand, semi jazzy, once heard impossible to get out of your head.

Camp as a Lib Dem conference, but with 1000% more charm.

BN.

Comment

Working...
              X