Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Symphinity?

Just noticed on the BBC TTN website, some video clips which seem to refer to BBC Symphinity. What is that?

Continuous broadcast of concert music and opera, recorded from locations throughout Europe

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    Just noticed on the BBC TTN website, some video clips which seem to refer to BBC Symphinity. What is that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006tmq9
    good question.
    I haven't the slightest.

Comment

Curated classical music playlists from BBC Radio 3's vast archive of live performance. Get inspired by the music and learn great facts about the tracks and the composers.

Still not any the wiser - but it's obviously so "now", so "cool" an' all dad!
      My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
        http://www.bbc.co.uk/taster/projects/symphinity

Still not any the wiser - but it's obviously so "now", so "cool" an' all dad!
        Ah, so now I need to look out for Haydn's Parmigiano Symphony perhaps! Geddit!

Comment

Ooops - sorry - wrong thread / topic
          Last edited by Cockney Sparrow; 12-07-15, 12:05.

Comment

Sounds alarmingly like a Norman Lebrecht offshoot to me (https://www.sinfinimusic.com/uk)...

Comment

Sounds like a review of Havergal Brian. It's a collective noun for his symphonic works.

Comment

oh dear, and when one then clicks on "See all clips from Through The Night", we have the likes of

'Spem in Alium - Bach Cantatas' - very confusing for the uninitiated (or even the initiated)

They do love clips. Didn't bus conductors used to be called "clippies" ?

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                  They do love clips. Didn't bus conductors used to be called "clippies" ?
                  I was one once. I've still got the badge somewhere.

Come on guys, who has written a CHEESE symphony? Perhaps a Monty Python offshoot might oblige.

Comment

Come on guys, who has written a CHEESE symphony? Perhaps a Monty Python offshoot might oblige.
                    The Link Ensemble is a new creative group, led by Duncan Chapman, integrating students with special education needs at Comberton Village C...

Comment

"Is cheese an instrument?"

Could that be a GCSE question

Not sure how I'd mark the answer, though.

Comment

Any good?
                        My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Maybe Classic FM thought up the word, and now the BBC is copying them, like they usually do.

Comment

I was one once. I've still got the badge somewhere.

I don't know about that, but Derek Bourgeois did write a Wine Symphony a long time ago (the Cru Bourgeois gag inevitably circulated until some time after it had become well and truly corked) - and goodness alone knows what a collective noun for his symponic works would be, his tally of symphonies having this year over taken Haydn's at 105 (and don't even mention those of Segerstam, who's probably written another one while I've been typing this post)...
                            Last edited by ahinton; 13-07-15, 10:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                              Not as good as this IMV

Tracks01. Seas of Cheese - 0:0002. Here Come the Bastards - 0:4203. Sgt. Baker - 3:3904. American Life - 7:5205. Jerry Was a Race Car Driver - 12:2506. Eleve...

or this classic

Gong - Camembert ElectriqueRecorded and released in 1971.2001 CD re-issue version (Charly Records)Tracklist:00:00 Radio Gnome00:27 You Can't Kill Me06:45 I'v...

Comment

Working...
                              X