Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listening to BBC R4 podcasts in the garden

My wife is keen to listen to these. Will an internet portable receiver let her do this ? I'm wondering how one would 'find' the podcast in the first place.

TIA
    Fewer Smart things. More smart people.

Make sure you mute it if you're listening in the garden on a Sunday ...

Comment

Originally posted by Zucchini View Post
      Make sure you mute it if you're listening in the garden on a Sunday ...
      Yes.

Please use headphones.

Comment

Ah...a fair point but then you don't know where we live ! Think rural. Think very rural. Think very, very rural ! The only animals likely to hear us are some sheep and the odd bird

Comment

I'll be going over to the BBC Sounds app at the last moment - when I am forced to. I'm hanging onto the iPlayer radio app on mobile phone and tablet (Android so not ipad/ apple) where I can choose to add a programme to "my radio" / Listen again" which will need a wi fi (or a mobile signal using data allowance on a mobile 'phone) to replay.

The other option is to "download" the program on to the phone/tablet - which can use the house wi-fi data allowance to store the full file on your phone/tablet and in any case eliminates annoying gaps which occurs with the "listen again" function. I think a lot of the programmes (which I locate from the schedules on iPlayer radio) are now coming out as "podcasts" but there may well be other standalone podcasts. I assume those podcasts can also be downloaded and played back - but perhaps another member can confirm that as I don't access podcasts as such, just programmes.

Perhaps other users will comment whether "BBC Sounds" app has these functions........

We find the tablet gives a reasonable sound, and my mobile, from my shirt pocket, gives a sound which, surprisingly, is good enough not to grate - for speech, anyway. If you need more volume, then a rechargeable bluetooth speaker will give you more sound. (I have used JBL Flip 3's in the garden and for travelling and find the sound very good - I purchased mine from the refurb store (below). But - there are many, many bluetooth speakers to choose from - just ensure they are rechargeable, battery powered ones.

https://uk.jbl.com/bluetooth-portabl...gaAm0AEALw_wcB
          Last edited by Cockney Sparrow; 01-09-19, 17:33.

Comment

Mmm...that speaker you linked to is interesting. All I need now is to get her to use her smartphone ! Thing is she doesn't like using touch screens.

Comment

Working...
            X