Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessing YLE Klassinen listen again

I have tried to use this facility, which, like BBC Sounds offers a 30 day period to listen again to broadcasts. However, when I click on the links I appear to have the correct page, but it won’t play the programme although it shows the pause button as if it should be playing.

Do I need a VPN to access it? I have registered and logged in as well.

Thanks in anticipation.

Try this: https://areena.yle.fi/podcastit/ohjelmat/57-llL6Y4blL

Comment

Thanks DracoM.

I can listen to Live programmes, but not past ones. I read that someone was able to using a VPN, but I don't have one.

Comment

I think all you have to do is register and login
        then the listen again clicks work.
        Good luck with the Finnish language
        - top left of the web page to login/register in on the PC

Comment

Originally posted by Forget It (U2079353) View Post
          I think all you have to do is register and login
          then the listen again clicks work.
          Good luck with the Finnish language
          - top left of the web page to login/register in on the PC
          Finnish language - hopeless for me. However the pages are available in Swedish! [på svenska]

That may still be hard going, but it is much easier than Finnish for most of us.

It looks as though there is a block on some programmes. I tried to access some of the earlier evening classical concerts, and a message came up to say that this was not available "utomlands" i.e outside [presumably] Finland.

Someone has mentioned that it works for live programmes, but maybe they are Finnish or Swedish, and have a VPN connection.

Ah - I just noticed a comment that registering and logging in works.

Comment

Repertoire on Klassinen is various, different, AND if you notice, very little chatter, LOTS of music and exploration of all manner of categories.

AND, Deo Gratias, NOT disturbed by jazz on EVERY weekday from 11.30 p.m onward.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post

Finnish language - hopeless for me. However the pages are available in Swedish! [på svenska]

That may still be hard going, but it is much easier than Finnish for most of us.

It looks as though there is a block on some programmes. I tried to access some of the earlier evening classical concerts, and a message came up to say that this was not available "utomlands" i.e outside [presumably] Finland.

Someone has mentioned that it works for live programmes, but maybe they are Finnish or Swedish, and have a VPN connection.

Ah - I just noticed a comment that registering and logging in works.
              Try vRadio app (I use the Android version), the advantage of obtaining access this way is that there is no 'block' on programmes outside Finland. Also by clicking the three little dots gives the option of 'go to website', this is really useful as 'english' is a language option on the programmes page including 'playing now', and all the works coming up with timings (they're two hours ahead). Another advantage is the 'Record' function on vRadio, yes, just tap it and play back later.

BTW, if you have a streamer with Play-fi as the control app. YLE is available - but without the transfer function to the YLE website.....I use my spare tablet to access the website via vRadio for info.

YLE has become one of my favourite 'morning' stations, although I listen in the evenings if a particularly interesting concert is on - for example YLE was one of the few euro stations to broadcast the whole live Ring from Bayreuth this year!

Either of the above methods will also give many other stations.....WDR3, BR Klassik (great sound), France Musique (poor sound!), NPO (Holland), etc. I use both methods, depending where I'm listening.

Comment

Working...
              X