Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternatives to radio 3

Though there are still many great programmes on radio three I am finding many of the programmes increasingly difficult to listen to especially in the mornings. Any suggestions of other music stations (available on-line) that i might try? thank you

Hello edsharp - and welcome!

Somewhere we had a thread with suggestions of foreign stations that were good for classical music. If it can be located, maybe we should 'stick' it.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Yes ff there was a thread like that but I can't find it.

edsharp, I responded to a similar question a while back on here, and the suggestion I made (KUSC, the classical station in Southern California) found favour:

Here's the KUSC radio player:

Here's their playlist page: http://www.kusc.org/playlist/index.aspx (Just add 8 hours to get UK time)
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Fin.
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

If you don't mind listening in German the Bavarian Radio Klassik service is great - web site -
          Klassik, Jazz, Filmmusik und Weltmusik – wir bei BR-KLASSIK lieben Musik. Und diese Liebe möchten wir mit Ihnen teilen: online, im Radio, im Fernsehen und in den sozialen Netzwerken.

Comment

There might have been a time when, out of loyalty, I would have disapproved of discussions like this here, but I found that someone said someone mentioned this list of stations:

Some notable omissions but a good basis.

This for jazz.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

These are some morning playlists for WWFM.

Oops - their mornings, unfortunately.
              Last edited by french frank; 30-09-13, 22:17.

Comment

There is access to lots of Classical ( and other ) Radio Stations from the Radio section of iTunes - if you have this of course.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                  There might have been a time when, out of loyalty, I would have disapproved of discussions like this here, but I found that someone said someone mentioned this list of stations:

http://www.listenlive.eu/classical.html.
                  Since the BBC shows no loyalty to its core audience for R3, why should we feel any in return? (And there might have been a time when I certainly would not have written that.)

Comment

Originally posted by VodkaDilc View Post
                    Since the BBC shows no loyalty to its core audience for R3, why should we feel any in return? (And there might have been a time when I certainly would not have written that.)
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Now is the time for all good men ... addresses on the Announcements board.

Comment

You can often find live Vienna Philharmonic concerts on the Austrian Radio at 11.00 (10.00 UK time) on a Sunday morning. If the time is inconvenient the 7 Day listen again facility is useful http://oe1.orf.at/

I used to catch these at one time, had a few technical issues and haven't heard one in ages.
                        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Originally posted by slarty View Post
                          If you don't mind listening in German the Bavarian Radio Klassik service is great - web site -
                          http://www.br.de/radio/br-klassik/br-klassik112.html
                          Good station but has regular news and weather interruptions, some ads and speech programmes. For pure music without blah I prefer Rai5.

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                            Good station but has regular news and weather interruptions, some ads and speech programmes. For pure music without blah I prefer Rai5.
                            I agree. We listen to Rai5 nearly every day. A great mix of chamber, instrumental and orchestral music from commercial recordings and concert performances.

The schedule can be found here:

Choose the month, and then the day (and remember Italy is one hour ahead).

Comment

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
                              There is access to lots of Classical ( and other ) Radio Stations from the Radio section of iTunes - if you have this of course.
                              Yes, I've been aware of that for some years, but I've never tried it. Need to investigate

Comment

Working...
                              X