Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    Good news about the lapwings, eighth. Can't say I know what to make of the beetles though.
    Call for Yoko Ono - very successful in disbanding them.

Comment

I always remember a morning I walked up through the fields to the pasture above my home (I think it was a somewhat frosty day with low mist) to find thousands of worms with one end in the ground, but most of their bodies outside....these worms were joined and flattened (as if stuck together) to another worm as if some sort of courtship was going on....this particular pasture was covered by this happening, but not other pastures....5 minutes later they had all disappeared....(I am teetotal)....
      Last edited by eighthobstruction; 11-09-13, 11:12.
      bong ching

Comment

We cut down four okra plants today (they'd grown to 10' or more and the fruits were out of reach). Our largest birdseye chilli bush is absolutely covered in fruits (usually the birds flock to eat them - birds aren't affected by the capsaicin - but we've been successful at keeping the birds away. And our anis is growing well (remember aniseed balls). It's all go here! There's even blossom on the mango tree!

Comment

Lot of trouble on one of the Islands there (Muslim Militants + hostages)Pabmusic eh?....
          bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
            Lot of trouble on one of the Islands there (Muslim Militants + hostages)Pabmusic eh?....
            Oh yes. On Mindanao, which is south of us. More specifically, in Zamboanga. Think of the NI peace process and the Real IRA, who didn't accept what the IRA were doing. It's the same here - the largest muslim group is negotiating with the government, but at least one muslim group doesn't agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
              had an email yesterday, from our letting agents, saying that our landlord is wanting us to move out by February, in five months time! he wants to sell and we have only been here since novemeber last year!!
              Blimey Bbm, sorry to hear that... Happened to me only once and on that occasion it prompted a move that was the best thing that ever happened, so there can be silver linings. Plus if you've only been there since Nov., at least you haven't had a chance to accumulate those sedimentary layers of 'stuff' that make moving after a longer period so wearisome.

Still worrying. Better get some extra crates of 'Spitfire' in to steady Mrs Bbm's nerves!
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Pabmusic View Post
                We cut down four okra plants today (they'd grown to 10' or more and the fruits were out of reach). Our largest birdseye chilli bush is absolutely covered in fruits (usually the birds flock to eat them - birds aren't affected by the capsaicin - but we've been successful at keeping the birds away. And our anis is growing well (remember aniseed balls). It's all go here! There's even blossom on the mango tree!
                As one who had one of the best months of his life in the south Pacific, you have transported me to a Happy Place with that post, Pabs, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                  As one who had one of the best months of his life in the south Pacific, you have transported me to a Happy Place with that post, Pabs, thank you!
                  ....Soooooooooooome enchanted evenNING !!!
                  bong ching

Comment

Again thank you everyone. most heartening to read these posts here. We thought we were settled in! Well I will take Anna's advice re CA and also calling his bluff. He could be a nasty bugler lake!(PM me for the definition; it's rather polite one of a rather rude one!)
                    Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

... we await volume viii of the Caliban Memoirs with renewed interest!

I do remember a most weird evening in Port Vila, Vanuatu - a charity 'Fashion Show' ball, the proceeds of which were to enable the designer, a young Frenchman called 'Frank' if I recall, to be flown to Paris for a sex-change operation. But most of the time the south Pacific was a pretty tame episode. Now South-East Asia...

Comment

[QUOTE=vinteuil;330851]... we await volume viii of the Caliban Memoirs with renewed interest!

I do remember a most weird evening in Port Vila, Vanuatu - a charity 'Fashion Show' ball, the proceeds of which were to enable the designer, a young Frenchman called 'Frank' if I recall, to be flown to Paris for a sex-change operation. But most of the time the south Pacific was a pretty tame episode. Now South-East Asia...[/QUOTyes? yes/ SE Asia and....................................... waits with baited breath smiley????
                        Don’t cry for me
                        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                          Again thank you everyone. most heartening to read these posts here. We thought we were settled in! Well I will take Anna's advice re CA and also calling his bluff. He could be a nasty bugler lake!(PM me for the definition; it's rather polite one of a rather rude one!)
                          BBM, I wonder (when you have checked the CAB that the landlord is doing it by the book as to when he can ask you to leave, assuming it's a normal 6 month shorthold tenancy and if as you say it's a tenancy that runs from November then out by February isn't right for vacating) but I wonder if you could try approaching a Housing Association - in view of Mrs. BBM's changed circumstances re health and employment?
                          I know, every time I visited my brother who lived just outside of Brighton, I was taken aback by the cost of rental, almost the same as in London.
                          Ontopic: Grey, endless grey and not reaching 16°

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                            ....Soooooooooooome enchanted evenNING !!!
                            Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                            ... we await volume viii of the Caliban Memoirs with renewed interest!

Here's a pic I took from the front door of the place on Bora Bora ('twas on that beach that my 'epiphanic moment' with Vaughan Williams's 'Sea Symphony' took place, as related e.g. on the thread about Prom 1)

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                            I do remember a most weird evening in Port Vila, Vanuatu - a charity 'Fashion Show' ball, the proceeds of which were to enable the designer, a young Frenchman called 'Frank' if I recall, to be flown to Paris for a sex-change operation. But most of the time the south Pacific was a pretty tame episode. Now South-East Asia...
                            A most teasing taster for Vol xxxiii of 'Du côté de chez vinteuil'....

Comment

...Here's a pic I took from the front door of the place on Bora Bora ('twas on that beach that my 'epiphanic moment' with Vaughan Williams's 'Sea Symphony' took place, as related e.g. on the thread about Prom 1)...
                              And here from across the Pacific is our local beach:

And some boats at Boracay (just along the coast);

Comment

Super, Pabs! I can feel a thread coming on in Stillhomewardbound's 'Photo Booth'....

Comment

Working...
                                X