Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blatter resigns.

Sepp Blatter has announced his resignation in Zurich.

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
    Sepp Blatter has announced his resignation in Zurich.
    How will the Beautiful Game survive?

Comment

I've no time to care, I've got some really interesting paint that's drying and I must go and watch it.

Comment

Man's greatest contribution to the universe, The Beautiful Game, can breathe again!!!!!!!

Comment

Who, what???

Why on earth should we give a sh*t anyway?
          If people want to play football that's fine

Wake me up when it's all over

Comment

I agree Gongers. In fact I'd go further. Football is arguably a force for evil in the world! Mob violence, greed, bribery, corruption and tribalism all seem part and parcel of the professional (beautiful?????) game. To suggest kids should find some sort of role model amongst that lot, well, I'm speechless. To see a two year old in ****(dis)United strip in the supermarket shopping trolley being addressed as 'mate' by his dad......Yuk.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post

Wake me up when it's all over
              They think it's all over!...it is now!...maybe!...perhaps!...who knows????

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                ...who knows????
                Maybe these people:

"...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Having been a teenager living in Merseyside in the 1970's i've had enough of it for several lifetimes
                  BUT
                  The one use it has in my life is to show how our perceptions of behaviours are socially conditioned.
                  Last Saturday I was on the train home from a cultural event in London (:big grin in the quiet coach (HA HA HA my arse) with us were some youngsters who had been to some football thing in London, so en route they talked endlessly about the finer details of various players and seemed to recognise them (and know their entire histories) from small amounts of information.
                  When one of my children was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome one of the supposed 'markers' was (and still is in some methodologies) a niche knowledge of obscure information (can't see where he gets THAT from )....

Being able to say exactly when the railway track was last replaced by looking at the fish plates and heads of the bolts on the track is indicative of a 'disability', but knowing the same kind of detail about a football player is a marker of social acceptance. I once spent a wonderful day travelling round the London underground with an autistic boy who's 'special interest' was the sound of tube train doors, he was a real expert and we recorded them for a piece we made together. Now, I think the world needs more people with that kind of listening ability

Comment

What a loss to the bow tie full game.

Comment

....DOH....if you LOVE the game so much and want to nurture it Sepp....why have you immediately sent it into LIMBO for 6-8 months....some epediency to do with Putin probably....As he was giving his resignation explaination, someone should have started the chant "You ***ker"....
                      bong ching

Comment

notice he left himself 6 months to weed the filing before going onto full time gardening tho somewhat sad he had to cancel his imminent planned trip to Canada + USA airspace - I await a few more revelations from USA - interesting to see what happens re Moscow + especially Qatar

Comment

I wonder who said what to him, sponsor-pressure?

Comment

He is 79 for heavens sake, about time he stood down apart from any other consideration.

Comment

Excellent news (maybe the FBI have something on Blatter after all..) but it's only step one - step two is finally removing the World Cup from Qatar (as if we needed any more reasons...) and probably Russia too.

I've watched every World Cup since 1970 (Italy 4 W.Germany 3! ) and it's brought me much joy and sporting sorrow, many highs and lows.
                              Now I have some hope that I might enjoy another, free of the taint of greed and inhumanity...

Italy 3 Brazil 2 1982! ... I hope the beautiful game can be beautiful again ...

Comment

Working...
                              X