Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singing in the garden

On a sunny morning a mixed choir of Great Tit, Robin, Dunnock and Goldfinch.

Originally posted by gradus View Post
    A noticeable increase in birdsong both in the garden and at the NT property where we volunteer.

The thread title, however, reminds me of an April afternoon during lockdown when the rules allowed outdoor meeting and our small a cappella group rehearsed in the back garden. Our resident blackbird, however, clearly did not like the competition on his territory and accompanied us beautifully ff.

Comment

I thought this thread would raise a question about singing in gardens possibly being made illegal?

Originally posted by gradus View Post
      Names that could have been randomly selected from a junior school roll-call.

Comment

Ouyt for a walk at 8 am today I noticed more birdsong than before, including at least two thrushes. Blackbirds sometimes begin their spring song about the middle of February round here.

Comment

Originally posted by smittims View Post
          Ouyt for a walk at 8 am today I noticed more birdsong than before, including at least two thrushes. Blackbirds sometimes begin their spring song about the middle of February round here.
          It used to be said that blackbirds and song thrushes wold begin singing during the second week of February, so this would be yet another sign of climate warming.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

It used to be said that blackbirds and song thrushes wold begin singing during the second week of February, so this would be yet another sign of climate warming.
            Perhaps they're hoping that Young Mr Kanneh-Mason will come into the garden and treat them to a cello recital.

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

Perhaps they're hoping that Young Mr Kanneh-Mason will come into the garden and treat them to a cello recital.
              Singular al fresco cello is old hat - you'd get the whole clean (quiet) tribe now judging from the documentary I saw some time ago...

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post

Singular al fresco cello is old hat - you'd get the whole clean (quiet) tribe now judging from the documentary I saw some time ago...
                I still think BH was accompanied by Fred Lowery.

Comment

Working...
                X