Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday morning's 'Private Passions'

I really enjoyed this morning's 'Private Passions' (masquerading as the last hour of 'Breakfast'). I found Alexander Armstrong's choice of music very interesting, and his comments on Britten even more so.

While not disliking him or his choices, I did feel this was turning into 'R4 chat with the occasional record'. More blurring of the distinctions between the channels?

Comment

I think we're both making the same basic point. However, I felt that it was closer to 'Private Passions' than to 'Desert Island Discs'. Perhaps 'Radio 3 Extra' is on the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
        I think we're both making the same basic point. However, I felt that it was closer to 'Private Passions' than to 'Desert Island Discs'. Perhaps 'Radio 3 Extra' is on the way?
        Good idea two Radio 3s one the traditional with full works announced with minmal baggage and one which is the current R3=CFM2. But let's have the tradional on FM.

Comment

That would suit me fine!

Comment

such a nice chap ...shame he makes so much £££ elsewhere he would make a knowledgeable and amiable presenter of his own name slot in the scheds eh?

er one swallow doesn't make a summer, more like a wallow ...

it is tosh, man tosh ..... and cowardice .... pure Thompson 360 multiplatform etc etc [celebs get big fees so we have to pay for talent] it is just X Factor in another mask ....
            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

I've found it interesting and ironic that in recent weeks, judging by my occasional 'Breakfast' listening, the choice of music by the comedians has been far more interesting than that by the programme production team/presenters

"...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
              X