Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    I can't explain why CFM has suffered an indisputable loss of listeners...
    Clearly due to de-Bott-ification.

"It’s water, honest - drinking the health of the world’s greatest music"

Comment

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
      Clearly due to de-Bott-ification.
      Has she been botted out? Perhaps she'll come back to R3?
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Has she been botted out? Perhaps she'll come back to R3?
        Ah:

"It's quite a year for presenters leaving radio stations, and I've (kind of, discussing possible specials tomorrow) joined their number. Am heartened by supportive messages from colleagues, friends, listeners: my valedictory thanks @GlobalPlayer
        until next Sunday. #Ifyouhavebeen.."

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

BBC Music Magazine (Christmas 2023 Edition, just arrived) in its usual The Month in Numbers slot, says:

17.5% more people listening to Radio 3 than this last year, according to figures released by RAJAR.
          Last edited by Pulcinella; 25-11-23, 13:53. Reason: Italics introduced

Comment

CFM might lose a whole load more listeners soon when it converts to DAB+.

I wonder how many listeners have DAB only receivers (home or in-car).

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
              BBC Music Magazine (Christmas 2023 Edition, just arrived) in its usual the month in Numbers slot, says:

17.5% more people listening to Radio 3 than this last year, according to figures released by RAJAR.
              ???? I wonder what figures they're using. The usual 'year' is the BBC financial year April - March, rather than the calendar year Jan - December. The latest released figures were for September which isn't the end of either year. I've just rechecked my figures and adding the latest four quarters (Dec 22-Sept 23) the total reach for the year ... Oh, I see what they've done! They've compared the appalling Sept 2022 figure (1.708m) with Sept 2023 (2.002m), a rise of 17.2%. (IOW, what goes down must (hopefully) go up.)

So did you miss out the word 'time or quarter'? "17.5% more people listening to Radio 3 than this TIME/QUARTER last year​"?

In fact if you add up the last four published figures (Dec 22-Sept 23) you get 7.503m (av 1.876m). The four quarters prior to that (21-22) totalled 7.776m (av 1.944m), the equivalent of a drop of 3.5% this year.

Comment

???? I wonder what figures they're using. The usual 'year' is the BBC financial year April - March, rather than the calendar year Jan - December. The latest released figures were for September which isn't the end of either year. I've just rechecked my figures and adding the latest four quarters (Dec 22-Sept 23) the total reach for the year ... Oh, I see what they've done! They've compared the appalling Sept 2022 figure (1.708m) with Sept 2023 (2.002m), a rise of 17.2%. (IOW, what goes down must (hopefully) go up.)

So did you miss out the word 'time or quarter'? "17.5% more people listening to Radio 3 than this TIME/QUARTER last year​"?

In fact if you add up the last four published figures (Dec 22-Sept 23) you get 7.503m (av 1.876m). The four quarters prior to that (21-22) totalled 7.776m (av 1.944m), the equivalent of a drop of 3.5% this year.
                Oops! I did indeed.

17.5% more people listening to Radio 3 than this time last year, ......

(I baulked over the construction and as a consequence missed out a word! More people were listening than sheep, perhaps?)

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post

Oops! I did indeed.

17.5% more people listening to Radio 3 than this time last year, ......

(I baulked over the construction and as a consequence missed out a word! More people were listening than sheep, perhaps?)

It's still the fact that they're comparing a particularly bad quarter with a mediocre to okayish figure. Over the past year the trend has been down compared with the previous year (and that one wasn't very good).

Comment

Working...
                  X