A Celebration for the life and music making of Anthony Rolfe Johnson.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Celebration for the life and music making of Anthony Rolfe Johnson.

A friend has asked me to say that all music lovers are welcome at Holy Trinity Church, Sloane Square, London, at 4 pm next Sunday the 22nd of May, to celebrate the life and music making of the much-loved tenor, Anthony Rolfe Johnson, who died last year. It will take the form of a Concert with performances from artists including
    John Mark Ainsley, Neal Davies, Graham Johnson, Dame Felicity Lott, Anne Sofie Von Otter, Mark Padmore, Trevor Pinnock, Chris Purves, Sir John Tomlinson, Catherine Wyn-Rogers and Roger Vignoles all of whom worked regularly with Tony.

The Programme includes repertoire by Bach, Monteverdi, Mozart, Schubert, Schumann, Brahms, Britten, Vaughan Williams and Strauss.

Tickets are free but donations to the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery will be very welcome.

Thanks for putting this up Chris. Sadly, Ann Sofie Von Otter has had to withdraw from the performance, but Sally Matthews has kindly agreed to perform instead.
    Last edited by Becca_mezzo; 17-05-11, 14:06.

Comment

Also, if you are interested in attending the concert - please email Philippa at: philippa.john@rllj.com with the number of people coming, just so that we can get an idea of how many to expect. Tickets are not necessary for this concert, however, seating is on a first-come basis and after a certain point it will be standing room only. Many thanks!

Comment

Many thanks to Chris and Becca for drawing my attention to this. I was in London at the weekend, so I was able to attend the service, which was extremely moving and wonderfullly free of mawkishness. A great way to say goodbye to a lovely singer.

Comment

Working...
        X