Is it just me, isn't this place far more fun than the BBC message boards?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me, isn't this place far more fun than the BBC message boards?

Can't wait to see King Christian's 'Sibelius' avatar, and I blush to think what Cellini's might be...

And it's such a relief to be able to correct typos.

Or post at 2 in the morning if one happens to be up and around.

And not to have to wait an arbitrary 3 minutes before returning to the fray.

And contact people if one wants to (the BBC 'no contact' policy seems like what one hears of Universities in the 50s - all guests out by lock-in at 12 and no fraternising!!

Much more fun here I think.

Further and a for French Frank.
    Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 27-11-10, 19:13. Reason: Just enjoying the ability to correct a typo :-)
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Absolutely agreed. Even the ability to express yourself more by means of bold, italics, and underlining is already better. Plus the option is open for things like polls and images.

Comment

Yes!! Three cheers for French Frank!!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Yes a much more civilised environment, and yet another toast to ff - - and I've just discovered the mistletoe

Comment

How exciting! Let's all agree not to be beastly to one another (at least not straight away....)

Comment

Yay! Who's going to write up the peace treaty then?

Comment

Sarah Palin?

Comment

Personally, I am still on Cloud 9. Following the BBC Messgageboard closure announcement, I thought we would never meet again. It will take a little time to become fully objective about the merits of this new forum.

Comment

Seems to me that the bean-counting numbskull who decided to close the R3 messageboards has unwittingly done us a favour.

I wonder if they will find that 'hits' on the R3 site have gone down appreciably, and be called on to account for it (as they no doubt have some sort of 'target' to meet)

I only hope Messrs McGregor, Cowan, Swain et al feel able to join in here as well... I know they would be enthusiastically welcomed by one and all
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

The R3 forum software is/was rather primitive compared with most other forums. For3 is a distinct improvement.

Comment

I only hope Messrs McGregor, Cowan, Swain et al feel able to join in here as well... I know they would be enthusiastically welcomed by one and all
                      They would indeed. The BBC is lucky to have them.

Comment

Working...
                      X