• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eeeeeagles! Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
      Eeeeeagles! Nuff said.
      Great win, gurney. A wee bit daylight now between Palace and 18th place. Looking like the PL title is Man City's to lose, with just five games left
      Big result in Dingwall today as Ross County beat Rangers for the first time ever, coming from behind to win 3-2. Ramifications at both ends of the table - none in the right side of middle for the Buddies to worry about.

Comment

FA Chief Mark Bullingham claims that the changes in the structure of domestic matches announced today 'will strengthen the FA Cup'. I've carefully read the news item 3 times and still don't know which part of his claim I fail to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
          FA Chief Mark Bullingham claims that the changes in the structure of domestic matches announced today 'will strengthen the FA Cup'. I've carefully read the news item 3 times and still don't know which part of his claim I fail to understand.
          Don’t know the full details but probably means ‘will benefit the over-pampered Premier League’, in particular the top few!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post

Don’t know the full details but probably means ‘will benefit the over-pampered Premier League’, in particular the top few!
            No FA Cup replays from Round 1 onwards- one of the changes due to the fixture congestion caused by the increase in UEFA and FIFA matches.

Comment

No FA Cup replays from Round 1 onwards- one of the changes due to the fixture congestion caused by the increase in UEFA and FIFA matches.
              Today’s i reports that the EFL had little or no say in the decision and that as there are 700 clubs in the pyramid involved the minority of 20 at the top hold sway as is too often the case - the minnows suffer as the sharks thrive.

Comment

Today’s i reports that the EFL had little or no say in the decision and that as there are 700 clubs in the pyramid involved the minority of 20 at the top hold sway as is too often the case - the minnows suffer as the sharks thrive.
                The FA are now claiming that everybody approved the changes, but the EFL say that wasn't the case - I know which of them I believe!

Comment

And overseas friendlies for the biggest clubs.
                  The whole thing is disappointing but unsurprising.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Watching Final Score today i think that BBC impartiality rules clearly are not applicable to football. At this point in the season I think it rather insensitive that Jason Mohammed’s exuberance for Cardiff City’s late goals against Southampton were not more restrained at this point in the season. He showed similar qualities earlier in the season when the Owls lost to a late goal. The role of a Soccer programme anchor person should be neutral, whatever their personal allegiances!
                    Sorry ts for a result that does not help a late shout for automstic.

Comment

Watching Final Score today i think that BBC impartiality rules clearly are not applicable to football. At this point in the season I think it rather insensitive that Jason Mohammed’s exuberance for Cardiff City’s late goals against Southampton were not more restrained at this point in the season. He showed similar qualities earlier in the season when the Owls lost to a late goal. The role of a Soccer programme anchor person should be neutral, whatever their personal allegiances!
                      Sorry ts for a result that does not help a late shout for automstic.
                      Thanks Cloughers. We messed up big time today, missing a hat full of chances and paying the price. And Stuart Armstrong seems to have picked up a really bad injury.
                      So its the playoffs for us, and with our inability to play decently for 90 minutes , nobody down here is optimistic.
                      Owls at least still have a big chance , if they can find a result from somewhere.
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Leicester rode their luck to carve out a narrow win against the Baggies. Over the years Ive noticed teams don’t follow up after a lucky win; every hope for Saints on Tuesday.

Comment

Dorking 3 Hangers 4 …..the joy of solid safety

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                            Dorking 3 Hangers 4 …..the joy of solid safety
                            Terrific news, anton. Five games left for the Buddies starting next week, all against the other top-six teams - a couple of wins would be nice, but I suspect they're already on the beach.
                            Good fortune to the Owls today, and also to Coventry in the English cup. Always have a soft spot for them as they won the FA Cup in '87 on the same day St Mirren won the Scottish Cup...sweet memories.

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post

Terrific news, anton. Five games left for the Buddies starting next week, all against the other top-six teams - a couple of wins would be nice, but I suspect they're already on the beach.
                              Good fortune to the Owls today, and also to Coventry in the English cup. Always have a soft spot for them as they won the FA Cup in '87 on the same day St Mirren won the Scottish Cup...sweet memories.
                              Blackburn 1 Owls 3

Not only 3 points but out of bottom 3 for the first time this season - just need to stay there now.

Comment

Blackburn 1 Owls 3

Not only 3 points but out of bottom 3 for the first time this season - just need to stay there now.
                                Brilliant, cloughie.
                                Happy first half-hour for gurney's Eagles from the looks of things.

Comment

Working...
                                X