Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncorrigan
    • Nov 2010

I didn't know that Sunak was a Southern Saintie, ts.

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Well done ts - hope you win the final - don’t want you taking 6 points off us next season!

Comment

• teamsaint
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
        I didn't know that Sunak was a Southern Saintie, ts.
        local boy, JC, and an actual fan I wonder if he’ll manage to get a ticket for the final ? !
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          Well done ts - hope you win the final - don’t want you taking 6 points off us next season!
          Thanks Cloughie. Great night at SMS, we played really well despite some key injuries, and were deserved winners.
          having Che available for the would be a huge help for the final , and since his injury was inflicted by dirty leeds…….
          Definitely a confidence boosting performance. The manager has made some good calls in recent weeks.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

• johncorrigan
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Thanks Cloughie. Great night at SMS, we played really well despite some key injuries, and were deserved winners.
            having Che available for the would be a huge help for the final , and since his injury was inflicted by dirty leeds…….
            Definitely a confidence boosting performance. The manager has made some good calls in recent weeks.
            Delighted for you, ts. Interesting to see who you get in the final, but whoever it is, hope you get back up into the PL. Oh, just realised that Leeds were already through - you can take them, sainty.
            Final game of a good season for the Buddies sees them visit the Champions in the east end of Glasgow - guaranteed fifth place and some kind of European experience. Stevie Robinson has done a very good job for the second season running.
            Last edited by johncorrigan; 18-05-24, 08:35.

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Delighted for you, ts. Interesting to see who you get in the final, but whoever it is, hope you get back up into the PL. Oh, just realised that Leeds were already through - you can take them, sainty.
              Final game of a good season for the Buddies sees them visit the Champions in the east end of Glasgow - guaranteed fifth place and some kind of European experience. Stevie Robinson has done a very good job for the second season running.
              Looks like it has been a good season for you and most forum teams have ended the season on positives!

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

Very well done ts …… keep it rolling …..

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                  Very well done ts …… keep it rolling …..
                  ....it will be a good final, I think
                  bong ching

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Well done ts, so its Bompey not Pompey next season, and you’ll not be taking 6 points off the Owls.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                      • Nov 2010

Fantastic, ts. Delighted, even though I could hardly follow it in the car as it was being largely ignored by the BBC5 in favour of fast motors and other rackets. Great news!

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Fantastic, ts. Delighted, even though I could hardly follow it in the car as it was being largely ignored by the BBC5 in favour of fast motors and other rackets. Great news!
                        Probably contractual - was covered on Talk Sport!

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

Absolutely superb ts …… well done indeed

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                            Absolutely superb ts …… well done indeed
                            ....well done Saints....
                            bong ching

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Thanks everybody who said nice things about us.
                              It was a really incredible afternoon at Wembley. The pressure could hardly be greater, but the teams produced a very decent game, which in the end just fell our way. We produced the best moment of the game, and the crossbar denied Leeds with their best effort. Fine margins, but the manager has really done the business during the playoffs, coping with injuries to at least three key players, and changing tactical approach.
                              Personally, having missed being at the final in ‘76, and having been at all of our losing finals, and and a losing semi final at Wembley, it was really special to finally be at a win in a huge game on a massive stage. I have made my peace with all those other defeats, notably the two league cup final games !
                              And Cloughie you are right, back to the south coast mini league for a season at least, leaving the Owls to take points off p*****y hopefully. Another big rebuild for us this summer, we are nowhere near ready for the PL, but we have the basis of a competitive side.
                              Lastly, Adam Armstrong should be an object lesson to youngsters in how to turn round a bad situation. From a struggling also ran in an unravelling team, to the star of a promotion side. He’ll be important for us next season.

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                                Thanks everybody who said nice things about us.
                                It was a really incredible afternoon at Wembley. The pressure could hardly be greater, but the teams produced a very decent game, which in the end just fell our way. We produced the best moment of the game, and the crossbar denied Leeds with their best effort. Fine margins, but the manager has really done the business during the playoffs, coping with injuries to at least three key players, and changing tactical approach.
                                Personally, having missed being at the final in ‘76, and having been at all of our losing finals, and and a losing semi final at Wembley, it was really special to finally be at a win in a huge game on a massive stage. I have made my peace with all those other defeats, notably the two league cup final games !
                                And Cloughie you are right, back to the south coast mini league for a season at least, leaving the Owls to take points off p*****y hopefully. Another big rebuild for us this summer, we are nowhere near ready for the PL, but we have the basis of a competitive side.
                                Lastly, Adam Armstrong should be an object lesson to youngsters in how to turn round a bad situation. From a struggling also ran in an unravelling team, to the star of a promotion side. He’ll be important for us next season.
                                most excellent ts

Comment

Working...
                                X