• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Did anyone get any?

I mean Olympic tickets of course!
  • Spatny

Yep, I got £645 worth, but I applied for £3200 worth. I suspect all my tickets will be Wembley football at Basketball at the O2

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by Spatny View Post
      Yep, I got £645 worth, but I applied for £3200 worth. I suspect all my tickets will be Wembley football at Basketball at the O2
      You did well. I applied for double that upper amount and got half of what you did. At least I've got into the velodrome (I hope)...

Comment

• MrGongGong
        • Nov 2010

Who on earth would apply for random tickets for events that you don't know that you will get into
        and give someone permission to take thousands of pounds out of your bank account when they see fit ?

Surely the point would be to choose what you want to see ?
        Its a bit like me bidding for tickets for Huddersfield and finding that i've been given 100 nights of Gerontius

Comment

• Spatny

I WANTED to go to ALL of my 20 Olympic sessions. If I got tickets for ALL 20 sessions, I would have had no complaints, and happy to spend the money. There was nothing random in my choice of tickets and events, just not so lucky in the ballot.

Comment

• vinteuil
            • Nov 2010

I would happily pay good money not to have to attend any olympic events....

Comment

• Anna

I imagine applying randomly (i.e. not really bothered) means that nearer the time a nice little profit can be made by selling the tickets?

Comment

• Norfolk Born

You're not allowed to sell them (at least in theory) other than back to the Olympics people, who may not want them anyway if there's no demand for the tickets you're trying to dispose of. I could scarcely believe my ears when watching a recent interview with a woman who'd already spent £1000 (diverted from the family Summer holiday fund) on accommodation, in the belief that she would get at least some of the tickets she'd applied for. (She got none).

Comment

• Mary Chambers
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                  I would happily pay good money not to have to attend any olympic events....
                  So would I It'll be bad enough having it all over the news for endless months - indeed it's already started.

Comment

• salymap
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

I still remember the fuss in 1948.Sargent conducted Quilter's Non Nobis Domine at the opening ceremony. A friend inthe RCS said it was great fun as Sargent's son Peter had to ceremonially walk to the rostrum with gloves and baton on a tray thing and he dropped them half way there. Wicked of me but I love it when things go wrong [in a mild way.] Fanny Blankers Cohen [approx spelling]was the star athlete I remember. I was very young

Comment

• Mr Pee
                      • Nov 2010

I hope I get my tickets for the Women's Beach Volleyball. I've already invested in a powerful pair of binoculars in anticipation, the better to appreciate the underhand flicks and other technicalities of this noble sport.
                      Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

• David Underdown

Got tickets for hockey, but not gymnastics

Comment

• 3rd Viennese School

Im going for the hurling event.

(Man of Kent public house this weekend)

Comment

• mangerton
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by 3rd Viennese School View Post
                            Im going for the hurling event.
                            Sounds like a good one. I'll be hurling things at the TV and radio when the Olympics are on.

Comment

• Mr Pee
                              • Nov 2010

I'm with The Daily Mash on this one:-

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X