X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

I couldn't let this thread die without mentioning the deputy leader of Kensington council. Rock Feilding-Mellen. He's just resigned.

Comment

• vinteuil
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
      I couldn't let this thread die without mentioning the deputy leader of Kensington council. Rock Feilding-Mellen. He's just resigned.

... Rock Hugo Basil Feilding-Mellen is the son of Amanda Feilding, the Countess of Wemyss and March, the great-great-great-grandson of the seventh Earl of Denbigh and a direct descendant of the Hapsburgs...

Comment

• ardcarp
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

...a bit of a Mellen, then?

Comment

• vinteuil
          • Nov 2010

... probably quite a bit worse. But who knows?

Comment

• Lat-Literal
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
            Is that really his first name?

If so, I can only assume he was named after Rock Hudson for what other people have had the name Rock?

Normally celebrity names are chosen by the less privileged.

Back to the BBC, I'm warming after initial doubts to Rico Hizon and Kasia Madera through the night.....good enough names which somehow convey their essence.

There is definitely a "vibe" to them which is quite an achievement given much of what is in the news. I would almost go as far as to say that they have originality.
            Last edited by Lat-Literal; 01-07-17, 01:00.

Comment

• Flay
              • Mar 2007

Has anybody mentioned Soorjo Alexander William Langobard Oliphant Chuckerbutty (1884–1960), English composer and organist?

Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• ahinton
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                Has anybody mentioned Soorjo Alexander William Langobard Oliphant Chuckerbutty (1884–1960), English composer and organist?

They have now!

And when members run out of real improbable names, the invention might start. Lionel Bartók is one that I recall from many years ago. Perhaps a more contemporary example would be Sir Richard Rodney Barrett.

But back to reality for now...

Comment

• Mary Chambers
                  • Nov 2010

Has anyone mentioned the English renaissance composer Osbert Parsley?

Comment

• P. G. Tipps
                    • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Mary Chambers View Post
                    Has anyone mentioned the English renaissance composer Osbert Parsley?
                    And was he maybe related to the famous Venezuelan composer, conductor and violinist, Angel Sauce ... ?

Comment

Working...
                    X