Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Family Sharing ....

Opted to post here, rather than in the technical area - as so many people now use iPhones, iPads etc.

Has anyone experience of Apple's family sharing? I have software which I should be able to share with my family members, but I don't know how to do this. Partly this is because of availibility of hardware rather than to provide other members of my family with software, which in some cases they may neither need nor want. I have Final Cut Pro X - and am currently running 10.3, but I don't want to commit to the latest version until I'm sure that I really want it. We have other machines on which this could run.

It seems to me that there are two possible options, but I don't know if either of them will work. One is to use one of an OFM's (other family member's) machine, but log in to the App store using my id. In that case it seems to me that the software might not work, or be blocked, as the credentials might not match the machine "owner". The other option is to use Family sharing - which should work I believe, but I've never done that so don't know what I have to do to get that to work.

If I could do that, then I could try out the software without having to "upgrade" my current installation, or for one of my OFMs I would have access to a more powerful machine.
Working...
X