Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucket lists

I’m hoping not to tempt fate with this, but do others have things they’d like to do before shuffling off. ...?

I suppose we could consider “possibles” and “essentials”, and maybe even “nono”s.
    In the last category I might include bungee and parachute jumping.

Possibles might include a cruise up and around the Norwegian Fjords, or to Antarctica - though I’m not over fond of ships -or aircraft either, for that matter. Maybe also attending one or more operas at Bayreuth. Another might be to go to see the eclipses in 2019,2020 or 2024 - or perhaps travel to see an annular eclipse - probably not as spectacular as a total eclipse, but unusual nevertheless. Travel to see the Aurora Borealis and/or stay in the Ice Hotel in northern Sweden.

I’m not sure that I have any truly essentials right now.

Perhaps a trip to South America might just about get to the top, or maybe even something perhaps less expensive, but maybe more difficult such as learning to play Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven keyboard works or even some Bartòk better than I have ever managed before.

What have others got - could be musical or other?

I would like to discover a missing piano concerto by Mozart - preferably in G Minor.

Comment

I’d like to see my friends in the USA and have more music played there!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

...conduct The Rite of Spring.

Comment

Working...
        X