No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

HIS?????!!!
    ???? My nephew chose their younger sister to be their best person?
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

???? My nephew chose their younger sister to be their best person?
      His and their!

Comment

His and their!
        Phlummocksed ...
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

I had an e-mail yesterday from someone whose first name is 'Paige', followed by '(she/her) ' sic.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Phlummocksed ...

Comment

Originally posted by smittims View Post
              I had an e-mail yesterday from someone whose first name is 'Paige', followed by '(she/her) ' sic.
              Mr Turner? Ms...?

Comment

Originally posted by smittims View Post
                This might have something to do with it, although it seems to be used mostly as a girl's name anyway, but also institutions increasingly require preferred pronouns to be stated on communications.
                Paige is a gender neutral given name. It is of Latin origin from Byzantine "Págius" (young helper / mate of young nobles), derived from the Greek "Paidion" (child).

Comment

His and their!
                  One quite often hears 'Somebody rang but didn't leave a message or their number'.

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

One quite often hears 'Somebody rang but didn't leave a message or their number'.
                    Of course, 'they' could be a company or organisation.

Comment

I had a landline call the other day where I answered and I said hello - the caller (who was obviously in some kind of call centre from the background noise) then asked if they were speaking to the householder - I paused waiting for further information as to the purpose of the call - much cursing from the other end of the phone, which was then put down. I'm sure they were trying to sell/scam me something. No one has rung back.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
                        I had a landline call the other day where I answered and I said hello - the caller (who was obviously in some kind of call centre from the background noise) then asked if they were speaking to the householder - I paused waiting for further information as to the purpose of the call - much cursing from the other end of the phone, which was then put down. I'm sure they were trying to sell/scam me something. No one has rung back.
                        We also get these calls at least once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by gradus View Post

We also get these calls at least once a week.
                          This article might be helpful, but maybe not for the sort of untraceable random pesky calls you're probably getting.

Unwanted phone calls can be a real nuisance. This guide will help explain what to do if you're plagued with unwanted calls and give tips on how to block them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post

This article might be helpful, but maybe not for the sort of untraceable random pesky calls you're probably getting.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...s-aBrCM2T5PBD2
                            I registered with the TPS and now get one or two such calls a year.

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post

I registered with the TPS and now get one or two such calls a year.
                              I hope you mean only one or two, rather than now getting calls you didn't before!
                              :winkeye

Comment

I've given up a landline - since I retired from self employment it seemed unnecessary. What I hadn't realised was the difference between having three landline extensions in different parts of the house and having to rely on one mobile phone. I have often left it in a part of the house where I no longer am. It's a mildly annoying - and unforeseen consequence of my decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X