X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Attachments with PMs?

Is it possible to send attachments with PMs in this system? It is possible in some quite similar systems, but I'm not sure if it's possible in this one in its current configuration.

If so, how?
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

I don't know a direct method but you can always use something like wetransfer.com to send an 'attachment' to yourself, then quote the relevant download URL in a PM.

Comment

• oddoneout
      • Nov 2015

Ah, not that kind of PM...In my defence I've just been reading the ballot papers thread.

Comment

• burning dog
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
        Ah, not that kind of PM..
        I thought the same thing.

When I heard Boris had "hidden in a fridge" I thought they meant when somebody's husband returned home unexpectedly

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by burning dog View Post
          I thought the same thing.
          Me, too - even though the idea of being attached to that sort of PM didn't compute.
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Dave2002
            • Dec 2010

Bumping this one, in case anyone has found a way of sending files as an attachment since I started the thread.

The odd thing is that if one tries to send a PM, and looks for an attachment, a message comes up that there are no attachments, which suggests that the forum softwares is in some sense "attachment aware".

I have used the work around using We Transfer, but it's not ideal.

Puzzled.

Comment

• french frank
              Administrator/Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
              Bumping this one, in case anyone has found a way of sending files as an attachment since I started the thread.
              Thank you for the wake-up call. The only relevant thing I can see is that uploading attachments generally is currently disabled, so I presume that it's like uploading photos which can't be done through the forum software, but has to be posted to a third party site.
              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• johnb
                • Mar 2007

I use two other forums, from time to time, (one of which also uses vBulletin software) and you can't send PM attachments on either of them.

Comment

• Dave2002
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by johnb View Post
                  I use two other forums, from time to time, (one of which also uses vBulletin software) and you can't send PM attachments on either of them.
                  OK - sounds like it's a possible feature of vBulletin, but has been disabled.

Comment

Working...
                  X