X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Ventura - Mac OS

I finally got round to "upgrading" the OS on my desktop machine. This is direct to Ventura - I skipped Monterey.

As always it took longer than hoped for, and stalled a few times, but it is now working.

There are some issues to be fixed.

One of these is that some programs have neither been updated to work with the new OS version, nor are they showing up as available, or available for updates.

I'll post any further updates about this in the Technical area - "The Techie Board".
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    I finally got round to "upgrading" the OS on my desktop machine. This is direct to Ventura - I skipped Monterey.

As always it took longer than hoped for, and stalled a few times, but it is now working.

There are some issues to be fixed.

One of these is that some programs have neither been updated to work with the new OS version, nor are they showing up as available, or available for updates.

I'll post any further updates about this in the Technical area - "The Techie Board".
    As a non techie person I'll reply here. My MacBook is still on Mojave and I have no plans to upgrade. The iMac is on Monterey which I upgraded in the hope that it would speed the machine up a bit. It didn't. I update it when notified but have no plans to upgrade further. I'd rather have Mojave.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
    X