Comment

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
        David Arnold : Tomorrow Never Dies

Bravo to ammie and subby. 2/3 to subby?
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post

Ammie got the "Never", so I will leave it to him for an "O". I am going out.

Comment

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
            Ammie got the "Never", so I will leave it to him for an "O". I am going out.
            Well done with the Arnold, scb

I'll work on an O and return soon

Comment

An O that links a separation, a Canadian one-time partner of an American knight, and a premiere of Emperor Jones

Comment

Shame we could have had Manos Hadjidakis for Never on Sunday http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_on_Sunday as sung by Melina Mercouri from whom I once had to take a witness statement in her boudoir But that's another story...
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                  Shame we could have had Manos Hadjidakis for Never on Sunday http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_on_Sunday as sung by Melina Mercouri from whom I once had to take a witness statement in her boudoir But that's another story...
                  Feet up, Sir while I just clear away those names you just dropped with me dustpan and brush

Thanking you kindly, Sir!

Comment

Shame we could have had Manos Hadjidakis for Never on Sunday
                    I did consider this, Cali (it was known as The Vicar's Wife's Song in my parents' house) but googling "Manos Hadjidakis" takes you straight to "Never", which was a bit too quick, methunk!
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

I did consider this, Cali (it was known as The Vicar's Wife's Song in my parents' house) but googling "Manos Hadjidakis" takes you straight to "Never", which was a bit too quick, methunk!
                      You are the Moriarty of the AA thread, fhg.

Ammy, I nearly added *CRASH* at the end of my Melina post... But what the heck. The ironic thing was, it WAS a Sunday when I had the meeting. Ruined my weekend, it did.

My witterings remind me of that amusing 'name dropping' Woody Allen sketch from his stand-up days, remember it?

"I mentioned before that I was in Europe. It's not the first time that I was in Europe, I was in Europe many years ago with Ernest Hemingway. Hemingway had just written his first novel, and Gertrude Stein and I read it, and we said that is was a good novel, but not a great one, and that it needed some work, but it could be a fine book. And we laughed over it. Hemingway punched me in the mouth.

That winter Picasso lived on the Rue de Barque, and he had just painted a picture of a naked dental hygenist in the middle of the Gobi Desert. Gertrude Stein said it was a good picture, but not a great one, and I said it could be a fine picture. We laughed over it and Hemingway punched me in the mouth.

Francis Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald came home from their wild new years eve party. It was April. Scott had just written Great Expectations, and Gertrude Stein and I read it, and we said it was a good book, but there was no need to have written it, 'cause Charles Dickens had already written it. We laughed over it, and Hemingway punched me in the mouth.

That winter we went to Spain to see Manolete fight, and he looked to be eighteen, and Gertrude Stein said no, he was nineteen, but that he only looked eighteen, and I said sometimes a boy of eighteen will look nineteen, whereas other times a nineteen year old can easily look eighteen. That's the way it is with a true Spaniard. We laughed over that and Gertrude Stein punched me in the mouth."

Comment

Great story, Calibs - reminds me, I saw a book of Woody Allen stand-up material in the local charity shop yesterday - must go back & see if it's still available.

Did Ms Mercouri ask you to use your influence to return the Elgin Marbles?

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                          Did Ms Mercouri ask you to use your influence to return the Elgin Marbles?
                          They were relevant to the matter, as I recall.

The only thing I recall clearly was arriving at the office the following morning to find pinned above my desk a large photo of Mercouri extending a claw-like hand, with the legend inscribed on it: "I waant yourrr Marrrrbles...."

Comment

They were relevant to the matter, as I recall.

The only thing I recall clearly was arriving at the office the following morning to find pinned above my desk a large photo of Mercouri extending a claw-like hand, with the legend inscribed on it: "I waant yourrr Marrrrbles...."
                            Those were the days, Caliban - when you still had your marbles, and before they shot under the sideboard with all the fluff and got a bit chipped

I'm missing a few I think

Comment

I'm missing a few I think
                              Ahem.... Nonsense!! harrumph! Not at all!! No sandwiches missing from your picnic, ammy, no prawns missing from your barbie!

Have we actually got a question to answer at the moment?

Comment

An O that links a separation, a Canadian one-time partner of an American knight, and a premiere of Emperor Jones
                                O yes, so we have. I've no idea about this yet....

Comment

Working...
                                X