This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O'Neill?

(Or have a walked into a cunningly-laid trap?)
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      O'Neill?

(Or have a walked into a cunningly-laid trap?)
      Understandable fhg but not correct

The first part is only very recently representative of O

Comment

Time for a snoozle - should be back by 18.30

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          Time for a snoozle - should be back by 18.30
          Emperor Jones also had two film premieres, first involved Paul Robeson, second Ossie Davis. Can find no links there. Later stage premieres, Olivier Theatre. Ditto no links. It's also a record label, ditto, etc. American Knight, apart from John W. Ripley only came up with Earl of Orkney. He was a very interesting person, connected, possibly, to Knights Templar. Recent representation of separation? Dunno. I only post this to show, once again, I am paying attention at the back!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            Emperor Jones also had two film premieres
            .......... also an opera premiere ................

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
              .......... also an opera premiere ................
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor_Jones_(opera)
              Oh, mercs, mercy mercy me! So you have the American Knight then? Crikey, how do you do it? So, what's the rest of the answer?

Comment

So you have the American Knight then?
                have I ?

.......... or rather .......... no, I haven't .............

Comment

have I ?
                  Well, I thought so! A Knighthood doesn't have to be a British one does it? Other Nations can confer Honours. Err, maybe I'll go and chop some carrots, or do something useful in the kitchen! And come back later, much later!!! When it's solved ....

Comment

Is it Obie - Six Degrees of Separation?

I love this by the way - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdo-MxlIC4Q

Comment

maybe I'll go and chop some carrots
                      likewise, I have far better things to do

Comment

likewise, I have far better things to do
                        I think that's very wise mercs, things seem to be getting rather surreal! BUT, there are the OBIE Awards ........ And Star Wars ..........

Comment

I think that's very wise mercs, things seem to be getting rather surreal! BUT, there are the OBIE Awards ........ And Star Wars ..........
                          Right! What extraordinary things you have been getting up to while I've been a-snoozler!

Anna's OBIE Awards is the closest so far but think about that big clue I gave - "only very recently representative' of O Anything happened this week?

Re American knights - I meant nothing more arcane than an American who has a KBE

Re the premiere - it wasn't a film premiere and what if the premiere in question was not in English? This may be the hardest section but should be ok once you've cracked O

Comment

Anna's OBIE Awards is the closest so far but think about that big clue I gave - "only very recently representative' of O Anything happened this week
                            Oscars happened this week. Cannot see connection to anything else? I'll give up. Welsh tv shortly has fascinating documentary about smallpox outbreak in S. Wales.

Comment

Oscars happened this week. Cannot see connection to anything else? I'll give up. Welsh tv shortly has fascinating documentary about smallpox outbreak in S. Wales.
                              Anna's got it - the O is Oscar - how does that fit into the three original clues tho'?

Comment

Re American knights - I meant nothing more arcane than an American who has a KBE
                                Like André Previn (who has at least one, and used to conduct the band at the Oscars and wrote the Music for the Film of A Long Day's Journey into Night based on the play by ... hold on! Haven't I been here before? )?
                                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X