This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Norfolk Born

mercia's answer is correct in every particular. Now for an 'E' from somebody (yes, yes, I know...)

Comment

• Flay
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      has the number of AAers dwindled considerably?
      Perhaps we should advertise for more? It's not a closed shop.

I'm not well at the moment, that's my excuse for wimping out. Quadruple pneumonia, bird flu, Hong Kong flu, penguin flu all at once (i.e. a cold). I looked at the D clues, thought about Duke but was too busy blowing my nose to look further. Woe is me <sniff>
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Flay View Post
        I'm not well at the moment, that's my excuse for wimping out. Quadruple pneumonia, bird flu, Hong Kong flu, penguin flu all at once (i.e. a cold)
        <Gawd, let a man get a cold and he thinks he's dying but could, possibly, manage some chicken soup and please fluff up my pillows and while you're making the soup I'll hog the remote emoticon!>

Okey Dokes. I'll do an Easy E. Remembering what is happening tomorrow (and that's a clue, Guys!)

An E to connect: George Balanchine, Thin Lizzy and a Detroit R&B group

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

<Gawd, let a man get a cold and he thinks he's dying but could, possibly, manage some chicken soup and please fluff up my pillows and while you're making the soup I'll hog the remote emoticon!>

Okey Dokes. I'll do an Easy E. Remembering what is happening tomorrow (and that's a clue, Guys!)

An E to connect: George Balanchine, Thin Lizzy and a Detroit R&B group
          Emeralds - ballet, song, Detroit Emeralds.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
            Emeralds.
            Lat, well done! Now, would you like to expand on that? Whilst obviously sending your best wishes to the Irish team tomorrow for their match against France!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Oh they make 'em hard in the mountains!!

Get better soon, Flay!!

And go Lats!! That was said with the conviction of a man who knows it's the right answer! Care to hexplain for us?!
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                Host
                • Nov 2010

best wishes to the Irish team tomorrow for their match against France!
                Oi !!

(much cross-posting at the moment...!! right, need to get my party gear on! )
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

I think I just have done on the first Anna. As for the latter, happy to, but then I don't understand the implications. I'm guessing it might be Wales v England with Wales victorious. If so, happy to again.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                    Oi !!

Don't you Oi!! me. You know full well why the Welsh want the Irish to win, it's because we are Celts, in harmony, loving each other, nothing to do with the Grand Slam obviously. It's only a game, it's the taking part, not the winning that counts ..........

Comment

• Anna

I think I just have done on the first Anna. As for the latter, happy to, but then I don't understand the implications. I'm guessing it might be Wales v England with Wales victorious. If so, happy to again.
                      Yes, sorry Lat, but when you amend your post others do not scroll back. So, as you got it right, I will recap (this is just to encourage the others)
                      Emerald is the first movement of George Balanchine's ballet Jewels, but the first movement usually performed on its own.
                      Thin Lizzy's song Emerald
                      The Detroit Emeralds, Detroit R&B Group remembered for their hit "Feel the Need in Me"

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Don't you Oi!! me. You know full well why the Welsh want the Irish to win, it's because we are Celts, in harmony, loving each other, nothing to do with the Grand Slam obviously. It's only a game, it's the taking part, not the winning that counts ..........
                        Thought so. My name is Ochrolmeddwl1 and I'm a lifelong Plaid Cymru voter. Suppose I've got to think of a question now.

Comment

• Anna

As for the latter, happy to, but then I don't understand the implications. I'm guessing it might be Wales v England with Wales victorious. If so, happy to again.
                          Oh, you sweet innocent child! Wales have already defeated the English, we are talking now about the Irish (Emerald Isle) against the French!
                          Edit: I have to prepare some Thai food, may not be around until a lot later, and it is a Saturday night, do not fret if no-one responds to your F.
                          Last edited by Guest; 03-03-12, 19:01.

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

This f was replaced by the name of a man which is also the name of a place in Melbourne
                            A singer has recorded this f - she likes names beginning with one letter although that letter isn't "f"
                            And it is an f that is part of the name of a WW2 campaign in which the Australians and the Japanese clashed

(For the shopping people - It is also the name of a Cornwall clothing company)
                            Last edited by Guest; 03-03-12, 19:51.

Comment

• vinteuil
                              • Nov 2010

Formosa?

Comment

• Lateralthinking1

Vinteuil - I'm sorry. That is not the right answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X