X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mercia View Post
    brilliant cloughie

a well-deserved K to/from you
    If anyone else is around I'm more than happy for them to Kick off!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      If anyone else is around I'm more than happy for them to Kick off!
      Other stuff on my plate this evening, I fear. Why don't you deliver a K when you're ready?
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        Other stuff on my plate this evening, I fear. Why don't you deliver a K when you're ready?
        Well OK then.

What K links

A red hue.
        A textile
        A circus

Comment

Other stuff on my plate this evening...
          Is food all you think about, calibs?

Any chance of a clue, cloughie? I can think of King as in crimson, but that's not oblique enough for you

(I've thrown a sickie today having been unusually moribundified by this bug. Mrs Flay laid the law down).
          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
            Is food all you think about, calibs?

Any chance of a clue, cloughie? I can think of King as in crimson, but that's not oblique enough for you
            (I've thrown a sickie today having been unusually moribundified by this bug. Mrs Flay laid the law down).
            Get well soon, Happy St Piran's Day!

Je n'ais pas Oblique!

Comment

I've been looking at King Crimson's "discography" - I notice their "multi-part epic progressive rock song" called Larks' Tongues in Aspic, "released over the course of three albums and 27 years." (One more year than the Ring Cycle). It was derived from RVW's Lark Ascending.

Perhaps we could hear that on R3 Breakfast for a change rather than the usual RVW Lark repeats?

Back to the clues. Well they had Cirkus: The Young Persons' Guide to King Crimson Live
              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

I've been looking at King Crimson's "discography" - I notice their "multi-part epic progressive rock song" called Larks' Tongues in Aspic, "released over the course of three albums and 27 years." (One more year than the Ring Cycle). It was derived from RVW's Lark Ascending.

Perhaps we could hear that on R3 Breakfast for a change rather than the usual RVW Lark repeats?

Back to the clues. Well they had Cirkus: The Young Persons' Guide to King Crimson Live
                Assuming King Crimson to be the right answer for 1, I'm having trouble connecting King with a textile or a circus. Is either of them a classical music answer?

Comment

connecting King with a textile
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Cotton_(march) ????

Comment

connecting King with a circus
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_King ???

Comment

And the King with a circus must be this: http://www.enidblyton.net/adventure-...adventure.html

"Philip gets cross and tells Gus that he's not some kind of prince that can order people about. Gus stands up and announces that actually he is—the Prince Aloysius Gramondie Racemolie Torquinel of Tauri-Hessia! Astonished, the children listen as Bill and Allie reveal that the boy is being hidden away because there is unrest in the country of Tauri-Hessia, and the King's life is in danger."

Or maybe not...

Perhaps the Circo del Rey?
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Oh mercia that's bloody brilliant!!! How did I not get that with my concert band background!?! I must have played it a dozen times!

No idea what Flay's on about though! Not for the first time!!

Is that the Night Nurse kicking in, Mr F???

Comment

No idea what Flay's on about though! Not for the first time!!

Is that the Night Nurse kicking in, Mr F???
                          I wish it were... Did you read your kids Enid Blyton books? - I confess I did. "The Circus of Adventure" where they rescued a king. I don't think we had that one, fortunately.
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Just got back in - Sorry for delay it ticking the boxes

Flay for King Crimson and hence King

Mercia for his King Cotton and King composer of Barnum and Bailey

Well done both - Who the L's next?

For the record King Crimson's 'In the Court of the Crimson King' is in my top five all-time non-classical albums, and it's original gatefold LP sleeve is one of the Prog Rock era's best.

Comment

I wish it were... Did you read your kids Enid Blyton books? - I confess I did. "The Circus of Adventure" where they rescued a king. I don't think we had that one, fortunately.
                              That rings a distant bell! Wasn't it the heir to a vague Eastern European kingdom called Prince Paul?
                              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Flay, I reckon - got the K-k-k-king connection.

My only links with Ms Blyton were being brought up on Peter Rabbit and Mr McGregor, &c., notably Mrs Tiggywinkle (the nickname for one of my grandmothers... "Before you let the sun in, make sure he wipes his boots") and a childhood addiction to the "Five" and "Seven" stories....

Comment

Working...
                                X