Royal?

... Fireworks
    ... Hunt & Storm by HECTOR Berlioz
    ... Dance Hall

?
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Two out of three!
      Handel's Music for the Royal Fireworks was a royal commission to celebrate the signing of the treaty of Aix-en-Chapelle in 1749.
      The Royal Hunt and Storm is an orchestral interlude in 'Les Troyens', composed of course by Hector Berlioz. Hector (well, his ghost) is a character in the opera.
      Now, about this dance hall....

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        Royal?

... Fireworks
        ... Hunt & Storm by HECTOR Berlioz
        ... Dance Hall

?
        Royal Ballroom Chicago - seems strange - USA not noted for love of Royalty - I suppose they have Kings - BB, Albert, Oliver....
        and Benny Goodman was King of Swing when not doing K581 or K622.
        Last edited by cloughie; 08-03-12, 12:40.

Comment

You're looking for the venue of a former large dance hall in Chicago. James Bolam's Trevor would definitely have a copy of a very famous contemporary recording of this number by two chaps, both called Williams but not related.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
            You're looking for the venue of a former large dance hall in Chicago. James Bolam's Trevor would definitely have a copy of a very famous contemporary recording of this number by two chaps, both called Williams but not related.
            Royal Gardens

Comment

Royal Garden Blues, as featured in Alan Plater's wonderful 'Beiderbecke...' series starring James Bolam and Barbara Flynn (that's for Barbara, not James )
              Ferney's 'S', I think.

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                I think if you look at the semicolons this is in three parts...
                Been wondering where you'd got to, vinjaune! Glad that matters colonic drew you out!
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                  Been wondering where you'd got to, vinjaune! Glad that matters colonic drew you out!

Comment

Royal Garden Blues, as featured in Alan Plater's wonderful 'Beiderbecke...' series starring James Bolam and Barbara Flynn (that's for Barbara, not James )
                    "Wonderful"
                    Ferney's 'S', I think.
                    I shall cogitate an S in the next couple of hours: back at 4:30-ish - unless anyone has an urgent S they've been itching to submit? Otherwise, just chat about Corrie or whatyouwill amongst yourselves.
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Ferney's 'S', I think.
                      Must look at my DVD set again - another board looking at definitive recordings - this must be a definitive series, whatever that means. It was mastery of understatement and subtlety - how often is that lacking in most things these days!?!

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                        I shall cogitate an S in the next couple of hours: back at 4:30-ish - unless anyone has an urgent S they've been itching to submit? Otherwise, just chat about Corrie or whatyouwill amongst yourselves.
                        I have a quick S by way of Alphabetical All-Bran, i.e., to keep things moving

In fact a double-S: it connects Grainger, Vaughan Williams and a house in north London called "Fairport"

Comment

Not moving that fast, however...

Three word answer fits all three elements, the first and third words (not the same as each other) each beginning with S.

Comment

Three word answer fits all three elements, the first and third words (not the same as each other) each beginning with S.
                            Oh well, that's blown my theory out of the water! I was thinking it had something to do with Ralph McTell or a writer!!

Comment

Seventeen Come Sunday.

Comment

I have a quick S by way of Alphabetical All-Bran, i.e., to keep things moving

In fact a double-S: it connects Grainger, Vaughan Williams and a house in north London called "Fairport"
                                Hey Cal I'mpressed including the Fairports - one of my favourites from the late 60s - I first heard them via the late John Peel, he of building-name fame.

Comment

Working...
                                X