X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel distinctly plebeian in such sophisticated company. G & Ts, Pimms and the like.

I can only offer German weissebier

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
      Sorry rubbernecker (and all),

Hopelessly behind the times (we are now on P) I am still ranting about N and Nono...
      No no, Tapiola There should always be time for digressions, recommendations etc...

A propos, I breathed a sigh of relief when Peter poured the red wine away at the end of the week's final Corrie... I agree about the control with which he performed his revenge preparations: could have been so melodramatic and full of soap-style gurning, whereas it was all done with chilling naturalness...

By the way Anna - "P" is not about violins...
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        No no, Tapiola There should always be time for digressions, recommendations etc...

A propos, I breathed a sigh of relieve when Peter poured the red wine away at the end of the week's final Corrie... I agree about the control with which he performed his revenge preparations: could have been so melodramatic and full of soap-style gurning, whereas it was all done with chilling naturalness...
        Revenge is a dish best served cold.

But is the red wine wastage only a temporary blip? An immediate emotional response which he might regret tomorrow morning when he wakes up to see the empty bottle?

Comment

Pimms

It's the amount of different booze in different Pimms? I dunno, it's horrible stuff Going to watch Casuality now

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            Pimms? I dunno, it's horrible stuff Going to watch Casuality now
            No offence to my esteemed friend Caliban, but I much prefer Campari and white. Delicious summer drink, though current climates dictate, chez Tapiola, the Snowbeer, or equivalent.

Casualty? We are back onto Roy Harper I fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              . . .Siarad Cymraeg?
              Dwi'n siarad bach o Gymraeg, ond dwi ddim yn rhugl.
              My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                Uh-oh, the Klingons are back!!!

only kidding... (there are rather a lot of Welsh people on this thread, I'd better watch my step.. )

And taps - I can't stand Campari... (what is the 'white' in the cocktail you mentioned?).... much as Anna can't stand Pimms. Each to his or her own... I love a nice weissebier too though!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                  How dare you, young man!

Comment

Uh-oh, the Klingons are back!!!

only kidding... (there are rather a lot of Welsh people on this thread, I'd better watch my step.. )

And taps - I can't stand Campari... (what is the 'white' in the cocktail you mentioned?).... much as Anna can't stand Pimms. Each to his or her own... I love a nice weissebier too though!!
                    I seem to have betrayed my Irishness, Calibs. "White" is white lemonade, as distinguished from brown lemonade, which is, it seems a(n) (Northern) Irish thing. So Campari and white is merely Campari with (white) lemonade.

Yes, weissebier... A nice schneiderweisse or drei.

Comment

[COLOR="blue"]Uh-oh, the Klingons are back!!!

Here's a bit of Northern Irish for your delectation:

Ayyyyayyllfucckinbaityerbaaallicksinyoubassuurd.

Comment

Well, I do like these:
                        Como una ola de Fuerza; Canti di vita e d'amore; any of the later vocal stuff (easily available on Amazon).
                        Thanks for that. I'm pretty sure I've got the first work on a Deutsche Grammophon LP somewhere but I can't seem to lay my hands on it

Made it to Wales ok without needing to stop at the Severn View services...

Now what's been going on and what's all this swearing about?

Comment

Here's a bit of Northern Irish for your delectation:

Ayyyyayyllfucckinbaityerbaaallicksinyoubassuurd.

Baiting the moderators, taps? (I wonder what language we're allowed to get away with here )

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                          Now what's been going on and what's all this swearing about?

Good question, Rubbers. (Glad you've arrived with yourself and your virtue safe from the gastronomic temptation of Welsh sirens...)

It's all gone a bit Saturday night in here.

I was indeed going to remind folk, with a modest and polite cough...

...er-hem...

What P unites musical sons of Florence, Cremona, Hamburg and Halle among others?

Comment

Good morning Caliban!
                            I don't think anybody had actually forgotten that there WAS an unanswered question (Ive's just noticed what I've's just written ). The more likely explanation for the lack of response thus far is (a) none of us knows the answer and wer'e probably hoping for a clue or two and/or (b) none of us fancies setting a 'Q' question.

Comment

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
                              Good morning Caliban!
                              I don't think anybody had actually forgotten that there WAS an unanswered question (Ive's just noticed what I've's just written ). The more likely explanation for the lack of response thus far is (a) none of us knows the answer and wer'e probably hoping for a clue or two and/or (b) none of us fancies setting a 'Q' question.
                              Morning

Well let's think... There's a clue that I think will give it away instantly so I'll save that till later if required. For now: the musical sons in question are all composers, but the "P" you are looking for is not.

Comment

Well I have Handel born in Halle; Cherubini in Florence; Brahms or Mendelsohn in Hamburg; not sure about Cremona other than violin makers. Were they all Protestants?

EDIT: Monteverdi born in Cremona

Comment

Working...
                                X