This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    What you doing here Flay, I thought you had your eight in-laws to keep you amused? Or are you an escapee?
    Norfy, your YouTube link don't work
    Yes, and in big trouble with Mrs Flay: "are you on that iPad again?" Should be more attentive
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

It's beginning to look as though cloughie's question is indeed a load of bull...

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
        As I discovered, hence the edit. Time to escape into the fresh air. A walk by the sea, followed by a light lunch centring on a bacon butty and accompanied by 'Desert Island Discs', after which there'll be enough time to catch up with 'Private Passions' before the big match gets under way.
        Oh yes, DID, it's Jackie Mason isn't it? Must switch over to R4. The Big Match, well here the money is on England for a win ....... Bacon butty, sounds lovely, I am having cous-cous and mixed leaves (healthy eating!) pretty boring actually

Comment

Time to escape into the fresh air. A walk by the sea.
          Just done that - bit overcast, but loads of surfers around.

Comment

It's beginning to look as though cloughie's question is indeed a load of bull...
            Indeed so - can you show the rest of the red rag?

Comment

Oh yes, DID, it's Jackie Mason isn't it? Must switch over to R4. The Big Match, well here the money is on England for a win ....... Bacon butty, sounds lovely, I am having cous-cous and mixed leaves (healthy eating!) pretty boring actually
              Who's he/she?

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                Who's he/she?
                American Jewish comedian and former Rabbi
                Sorry, cannot get any further with this puzzle, I leave it to others
                Last edited by Guest; 11-03-12, 12:37.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                  which is the non-musical link ?
                  The second one.

Comment

Dear Cloughie - I'm here
                    But without an idea
                    Your question is tough
                    And I'm not bright enough
                    To come anywhere near
                    The solution this year.
                    Sorry Norfolk bard
                    If you're finding this hard
                    But now getting through
                    With the extra clue
                    You got to the bull
                    The solution in full!?!

Comment

The second one.
                      So, we have Herb Alpert for the third one "Herb no mates" is Lonely Bull
                      The second is non musical and is egg shaped and "Used to be Northern"
                      And the first is also musical "Sounds Spanish but further North"
                      Just trying to clarify. Do you think another clue is needed?

Comment

So, we have Herb Alpert for the third one "Herb no mates" is Lonely Bull
                        The second is non musical and is egg shaped and "Used to be Northern"
                        And the first is also musical "Sounds Spanish but further North"
                        Just trying to clarify. Do you think another clue is needed?

And the first is also musical "He sounds Spanish but from further North"
                        The second is non musical and is egg shaped and "Used to be Northern" - not unfamiliar to Eddie Waring.

Comment

Egg-shaped and - not unfamiliar to Eddie Waring.
                          A Rugby Bull?
                          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

And the first is also musical "He sounds Spanish but from further North"
                            Ole!

(The Norwegian violinist/composer?)
                            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                              A Rugby Bull?
                              I know of Papal Bulls, what on earth is a Rugby Bull? If it's League, rather than Union, it really doesn't count

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                                A Rugby Bull?
                                Yes, well actually more than one but you're in the right league!

Comment

Working...
                                X