This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    Yes, well actually more than one but you're in the right league!
    Really?! Crumbs, are we talking Bradford?
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      Really?! Crumbs, are we talking Bradford?
      Oh, have they moved Bradford South of Watford? edit: Clue was used to be Northern, now Southern

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Oh, have they moved Bradford South of Watford? edit: Clue was used to be Northern, now Southern
        Where do you get that idea from, blodyn? Bradford Bulls used to play (soccer) in the Northern League when Mr Waring bought his Hovis for 'a'penny.

Comment

Where do you get that idea from, blodyn? Bradford Bulls used to play (soccer) in the Northern League when Mr Waring bought his Hovis for 'a'penny.
          Blodyn, Blodyn, get your Welsh names right, it's Blodwyn ferney!
          Excuse me, who, apart from you and cloughie, would know such an obscure reference? What an odd question this is!

Comment

Sorry; it being a "northern" thing, I was trying to be clever and call you "flower"!

Excuse me, who, apart from you and cloughie, would know such an obscure reference?
            Wiki!

Comment

Excuse me, who, apart from you and cloughie, would know such an obscure reference? What an odd question this is!
              To be truly accurate should it be Blodwen ?
              You and your fancy Rugby union, I'll tidy up the clue Bradford Northern in the old Rugby League, when the cash was splashed to make it the Superleague, they became Bradford Bulls. This was about the same time when payment to Rugby Union plyers was legalised! The phoney amateurism went and RU teams were made or broken!

Comment

Wiki!
                Oh. Source of all knowledge. I am going to have lunch and then watch some RUGBY UNION!

Comment

... does Rugby League really use egg-shaped balls? viz with one pointy end and one rounder end??

For Rugby Union the balls used are oval. I knew that the League was weird - I didn't realise it was that weird!

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                    ... does Rugby League really use egg-shaped balls? viz with one pointy end and one rounder end??

For Rugby Union the balls used are oval. I knew that the League was weird - I didn't realise it was that weird!
                    Oval - egg-shaped - as in not round like soccer!

Comment

Just popped in for a quick update....Bradford Bulls, Ole Bull, The Lonely Bull - clever stuff, cloughie!
                      I've just remembered that we have an afternoon concert of piano duets at the local church, so I shall have to record the rugby and we shall watch it upon our return. fhg seems to have made a major contribution to the solution, and I'm quite happy for him to proceed with the next question if that meets with general approval.

Comment

Quite frankly, I'm fed up with measuring the size of rugby league v rugby union balls, can someone please finish this off? Oh, Norfy has done so, it seems. What a weird question that was.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
                          Just popped in for a quick update....Bradford Bulls, Ole Bull, The Lonely Bull - clever stuff, cloughie!
                          I've just remembered that we have an afternoon concert of piano duets at the local church, so I shall have to record the rugby and we shall watch it upon our return. fhg seems to have made a major contribution to the solution, and I'm quite happy for him to proceed with the next question if that meets with general approval.
                          What was the title of Etta James' hit?

I really don't deliberately make them difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post

fhg seems to have made a major contribution to the solution, and I'm quite happy for him to proceed with the next question if that meets with general approval.
                            Well, only after the "bull" had been identified! I was thinking "Herb" meant "Karajan", then I got really clever and started investigating "Hancock"!

I'll come up with a C to keep things active til Norfs gets back from the Duets: what a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

Comment

A "Wiki-Quickie":

This C composed Sonatas (including Pyramids and Stars) and Preludes and Fugues, but didn't write them. They're quite well-known, but nobody's ever played them.

Comment

Duets: what a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon!
                                Wonder what the programme is.

Comment

Working...
                                X