X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great question Anna - I was nowhere... including with all the solving going on, till rubbers came up with Quincy...

I must check out PP on the iPlayer.

We await something fiendish from the tortuous brain of Monsieur Le Cou de Caoutchouc
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by hercule
      well I don't want to set the next question so I think I'll leave it as an incomplete JOB
      hercule, I'd never set a question here until a couple of weeks ago, most of mine are simple, not cryptic nor convoluted, so don't be backward in coming forward!

Comment

i'll try! - i must say I find trying to find the answers more fun than trying to set a question but that probably describes several of us
        Yes, me too! The solving is the most fun. I nearly set Thomas de Quincy but I just knew that the reference to a gentleman from Porlock and Berlioz would make it instantly so easy, but we must give question setting a try. Everyone is so nice here, no-one will laugh at you. In fact, it's quite nice to have a fairly simple one now and then which avoids brain-fade.
        Last edited by Guest; 13-02-11, 16:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          In fact, it's quite nice to have a fairly simple one now and then which avoids brain-fade.
          YES MA'AM - never a truer word!!!

Comment

well, well, well - I never knew (till just now after googling) that Symphonie Fantastique had anything to do with Confessions of an Opium-Eater - so thanks for that!
            hercule, I have a mind stuffed full of totally useless facts! Sometimes they come in useful, more often than not, they don't!

Comment

i'm impressed - I thought it rather a strained 'interview', Mr Berkeley sounded stiff and formal compared to Ms van Kampen
              I'll let her know. Also that the hedge needs a trim! Her mother is delightful btw, and was Donald Runnicles's 'chosen' orchestral leader at the Proms last year.

Ok, here's a tightly-rolled but 'easy' R:

What R has been louche, monochrome and deathly undertoned?

Comment

An interesting-looking question. May I start the ball rolling by suggesting 'rag', as in Black-and-White Rag?

Comment

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
                  An interesting-looking question. May I start the ball rolling by suggesting 'rag', as in Black-and-White Rag?
                  I suspect there are two colours there, Ofca. Sorry!

Comment

I was using the term in a sense in which it is widely used, as in 'monochrome TV'. Not that I thought for a minute that the answer was going to be that straightforward! I wonder whether the words 'tightly-rolled' are of special significance......

Comment

I was using the term in a sense in which it is widely used, as in 'monochrome TV'
                      Widely mis-used, in fact

I wonder whether the words 'tightly-rolled' are of special significance......
                      No, absolutely not. Please banish all such cryptic thoughts from your mind. Not easy to do, I know....

Comment

I have a strong hunch about this, if in fact it is more literary than musical?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                          I have a strong hunch about this, if in fact it is more literary than musical?
                          Anna, feel free to PM me with your hunch, or any other thoughts that cross your delightfully fertile imagination

However, I suspect you are wrong in this case...

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                            Anna, feel free to PM me with ... any other thoughts that cross your delightfully fertile imagination
                            Here we go again.

I think I shall email Welsh Water (Dŵr Cymru ) to find out what additives they use...

(In fact they're at it too: on the Customer Service page we find the image of a delightful buxom Welsh lass alongside which, this invitation: NOT FOUND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR? Ask Ffion .... )

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

(In fact they're at it too: on the Customer Service page we find the image of a delightful buxom Welsh lass alongside which, this invitation: NOT FOUND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR? Ask Ffion .... )
                              Link, please

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                                Link, please

Comment

Working...
                                X