X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
    Link, please

Is White a colour? But what do I know!
    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      Here we go again.

I think I shall email Welsh Water (Dŵr Cymru ) to find out what additives they use...

(In fact they're at it too: on the Customer Service page we find the image of a delightful buxom Welsh lass alongside which, this invitation: NOT FOUND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR? Ask Ffion .... )
      Well, I thought it was Rimbaud of course, as you do (the first punk poet), with La Louche being the way to drink Absinthe, and then, somehow, monochrome and deathly fitted (and a link to Harry Potter and Verlaine, naturally), but this puzzle is not literary but musical it appears. So, as you were. The Green Fairy says Go for Musical! Blame my Transgessions on a Covent Education.
      Last edited by Guest; 13-02-11, 20:18.

Comment

Love the hairstyle!

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
          http://www.dwrcymru.com/smartagent/smartAgent.html

Is White a colour? But what do I know!
          Looking at Mrs R's V5 it says:

Model: Range Rover Peasant Crusher
          Engine: 4958cc V8 Guzzler
          Colour: White

But what do they know? They're based in Swansea ffs...

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            Blame my Transgessions on a Covent Education.
            Obviously the teaching of spelling wasn't uppermost in those nuns' minds...

Comment

. . . But what do they know? They're based in Swansea ffs...
              My lips are sealed!
              My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Sorry Pianorak, I missed this. This is indeed the link which shows Ffion in all her estimable glory. I note the most popular question is:
                What are your charges?

Comment

Sorry Pianorak, I missed this. This is indeed the link which shows Ffion in all her estimable glory. I note the most popular question is:
                  What are your charges?

To my almost negligible surprise, I found Ffion crops up on this site too:

"...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Obviously the teaching of spelling wasn't uppermost in those nuns' minds...
                    No, probably speling (any fule no how to spell Trans Bus Station) but believe me, us Convent Girls (and, avoid Zappa Catholic Girls please, although it is really funny, no go on have a listen) were launched upon the world knowing a lot and innocent of a lot. Oh, this is so off topic without bringing Dylan into itl. You know Bob Dylan posed as Rimaud?

Being Human on shortly, bye for now xx
                    Last edited by Guest; 13-02-11, 21:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                      No, probably speling (any fule no how to spell Trans Bus Station) but believe me, us Convent Girls (and, avoid Zappa Catholic Girls please, although it is really funny, no go on have a listen) were launched upon the world knowing a lot and innocent of a lot. Oh, this is so off topic without bringing Dylan into itl. You know Bob Dylan posed as Rimaud?

Being Human on shortly, bye for now xx
                      I was just thinking, has anyone heard from Sigolene lately?

Incase the plot has been lost, the question is:
                      What R has been louche, monochrome and deathly undertoned?

Monochrome means a single colour. The answer is musical, but is not the name of a person.

Comment

Having just returned to this thread after a mere 24 hours, I find it has descended into Carry On! Should my Huguenot soul feel guilty for laughing so much?

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

To my almost negligible surprise, I found Ffion crops up on this site too:

http://www.eroticchatbots.com/chatbot/ffion/
                          If Ffion lets you down you can always try Jean.
                          If you want to have a chat with Ffion, the Dwr Cymru Welsh Water smartAgent, you can click on "Got A Question?" at www.dwrcymru.com - otherwise why not talk to Jean and find out what smartAgent can do for your company.

Comment

I was just thinking, has anyone heard from Sigolene lately?

Incase the plot has been lost, the question is:
                            What R has been louche, monochrome and deathly undertoned?

Monochrome means a single colour. The answer is musical, but is not the name of a person.
                            louche in the sense of demi-monde? Can we have some synonym for deathly undertoned, pls?

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
                              Having just returned to this thread after a mere 24 hours, I find it has descended into Carry On! Should my Huguenot soul feel guilty for laughing so much?
                              Nah mate... Fun here isn't it? But Rubbers is right to issue a slight call to order, perhaps.
                              "...the isle is full of noises,
                              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                                louche in the sense of demi-monde? Can we have some synonym for deathly undertoned, pls?
                                Yes, in the sense of dissolute, but attractive, nonetheless...
                                I can't really give a synonym for the latter as it's a well-known and widely-used musical phrase.

Comment

Working...
                                X