This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers, fhg!

What V would have enjoyed Pete Postlethwaite's musican fillum; had a terminal connection with Bax; and shared a first name with a man who cried on TV and amazed the nation

Comment

Would it be true to say that this V's music was not actually played in the film but he wrote music?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Newman View Post
        Would it be true to say that this V's music was not actually played in the film but he wrote music?
        Spot on, Chris - the clue defines a genre And the V wrote this sort of music

Comment

In which case I plump for Gilbert Vinter who died in Tintagel in 1969. Film: Brassed Off....genre Brass Band Music.Arnold Bax wrote Tintagel. The man who cried on TV was Gilbert Harding.

Comment

In which case I plump for Gilbert Vinter who died in Tintagel in 1969. Film: Brassed Off....genre Brass Band Music.Arnold Bax wrote Tintagel. The man who cried on TV was Gilbert Harding.
            Couldn't get served quicker in a chip shop!

On with the W if you please

Comment

Wow I am stunned by that! I had worked out Brassed Off but was drowning in orange juice... Lovely film!
              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

If I may be so bold. This W shot to fame then beat Felix to some fairy business. There are three compositions hinted at in the clue.

Comment

If I may be so bold. This W shot to fame then beat Felix to some fairy business. There are three compositions hinted at in the clue.
                  Weber?

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                    Weber?
                    Bravo cloughie!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                      Bravo cloughie!
                      I would say Oberon, Freischutz (our choir are currently learning Jagerchor!) and probably Ruler of the Spirits but that's a guess!

Comment

Well done. I was thinking of Felix Mendelssohn's "story" involving Oberon as the third piece (more fairy business).

Comment

Well done. I was thinking of Felix Mendelssohn's "story" involving Oberon as the third piece (more fairy business).
                          Y will have to await the dawn! Might even be a Z or A !

Comment

Y will have to await the dawn! Might even be a Z or A !
                            Morning all!

Y links a songless cuppa with a great Russian 20th Century composer to a flight to Brazil with Fred and Ginger.
                            Last edited by cloughie; 03-04-12, 11:12.

Comment

Morning all!

Y links a songless cuppa with a great Russian 20th Century composer to a flight to Brazil with Fred and Ginger.
                              Could it be Vincent Youmans? He wrote Tea for Two, and the songs for Flying Down to Rio.

But the Russian composer?? <scratches head>
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Oh it's Shosty!!! He arranged Tea for Two - Tahiti Trot, Op. 16
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X