This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    Tell you what, Flay, since I joined this fun/mad board, I've not had this grief before - then perhaps it's early days!
    You ain't seen nothing yet! Try googling again: "lion" and "song." On YouTube perhaps . There will be an association, honestly!
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
      You ain't seen nothing yet! Try googling again: "lion" and "song." On YouTube perhaps . There will be an association, honestly!
      Anything to do with Karl Denver and somnolent lions?

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        Anything to do with Karl Denver and somnolent lions?
        Just the one lion, cloughie, just the one. And the "Albert" connection is from an alleged fiddle to get royalties. As Wiki puts it:

Issued by RCA in 1961, "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" rocketed to number one on the Billboard Hot 100. The publishers of this recording, Abilene Music, listed one "Albert Stanton" (a pseudonym for Al Brackman, the business partner of Pete Seeger's music publisher Howie Richmond), as one of the song's writers (or arrangers), thus permitting TRO/Folkways a share of the author's half of the royalty earnings.
        All this has been leading me up to the opportunity to show you all one of the worst music videos ever made:

With apologies to all
        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

The attractive dark-haired girl in the video is Denise Gyngell who later married Pete Waterman of Pop Idol infamy.

To recap (the Anna law): - The Lion and Albert, a monologue (as cloughie rightly informed me). The opera Golem by d'Albert (libretto by Ferdinand Lion) and the dreaded Lion Sleeps Tonight as explained above.

Would you like me to go into lurk mode with Subby, cloughie, have you had enough?

I think ferney got there first. Will you Be kind enough to set the next one?
          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

There is another Thread for "earworms": I'm going to have to report there with an infected wimbaway-a-wimbaway!

I'll Be Back ...
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Just "got" the "whim" hint from last night!
              I missed the Golem librettist completely; an excellent "association", Flay.

Hope this is as satisfactory:

Dyson in the afternoon, Turnage in the evening and Bonnie and Clyde provide a Gainsbourg portrait of which B?

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                Dyson in the afternoon, Turnage in the evening and Bonnie and Clyde provide a Gainsbourg portrait of which B?
                Can't find any afternoons yet for Dyson. Warning - he did write: "I love a lass" and "A wet sheet and a flowing sea." Men beware!!
                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Can't find any afternoons yet for Dyson. Warning - he did write: "I love a lass" and "A wet sheet and a flowing sea." Men beware!!
                  Yikes, indeed!
                  The Dyson may be misleading. The portrait might be more productive.

Comment

"ROCKY MOUNT - Mrs. Helen Barrow Turnage Beaman, 96, formerly of Snow Hill, passed away Sunday, Oct. 31, 2010. The funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 3, at Hull Road FWB Church with the Rev. Leon Grubbs officiating. Survivors include son, Robert Beaman of Rocky Mount; sisters Ava Taylor and Flora Gilliam; brother Thomas Turnage; and several grandchildren and great-grandchildren."

Now, Mr Dyson invented a wheel-barrow

And Serge Gainsbourg's Bonnie & Clyde song refers to the Barrow Gang...

But something tells me this is all beside the point...

Comment

Ferney, did you mean Gainsbourg or Gainsborough (the latter was the artist)?
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                        "ROCKY MOUNT - Mrs. Helen Barrow Turnage Beaman, 96, formerly of Snow Hill, passed away Sunday, Oct. 31, 2010. The funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 3, at Hull Road FWB Church with the Rev. Leon Grubbs officiating. Survivors include son, Robert Beaman of Rocky Mount; sisters Ava Taylor and Flora Gilliam; brother Thomas Turnage; and several grandchildren and great-grandchildren."

Now, Mr Dyson invented a wheel-barrow

And Serge Gainsbourg's Bonnie & Clyde song refers to Mr Barrow...

But something tells me this is all beside the point...
                        That "something" would be me!
                        My sympathies to Mrs BT, but she has nothing to do with the present puzzle - ingenious as your suggestion is.
                        ... but you've identified an important clue, so there should be a serge of activity now. (Look at the title of another song from that album.)

Comment

Ferney, did you mean Gainsbourg or Gainsborough (the latter was the artist)?
                          The former: the reference to "portrait", although not entirely misleading, was a scarlet salmon.

Comment

Gordon Dyson - Chanson de P.M.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                              Gordon Dyson - Chanson de P.M.

... and the B association?

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post

... and the B association?
                                good question

Comment

Working...
                                X