X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anna

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
    messages in Welsh appears to have passed).
    I do apologise if I have upset anyone here, I was merely replying to Pianorak who started posting in Welsh, and I don't recall swearing, if I did then double apologies.

Comment

• Tapiola
      • Jan 2011

I was the sweary one, but reported cusses only...

Comment

• BetweenTheStaves

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        I do apologise if I have upset anyone here, I was merely replying to Pianorak who started posting in Welsh, and I don't recall swearing, if I did then double apologies.
        LOL! No, the swearing was from me when I opened my bill !! Mind you, I do find the road signs in Wales somewhat dangerous being in both languages. I am all for keeping the Welsh language alive but do question the need for road signs to be in both languages - from a road safety perspective.

Comment

• Anna

Actually, in Welsh, even if you are remarking upon the price of sprouts, it sounds like swearing!! Good Schnittke puzzle, I wouldn't have had a clue, nor the Rhapsody puzzle.

Comment

• BetweenTheStaves

Is it Thomas?

Anne Sofie won her award with Thomas Quasthoff

The opera Mignon by Ambroise Thomas is based on Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship. (Lehrjahre)

Just missing the Thomas in St Davids....

EDIT: Thomas Fastolf, sometimes spelt Fastolfe (died June 1361) was an English canon lawyer and Bishop of St David's from 1352 until his death. ????

Comment

• BetweenTheStaves

"From Southern Germany" said Grove and Williams. "Not so," said Mr Skinner, "more likely from the US." What U were they referring to?

Comment

• Pianorak
                • Nov 2010

I do apologise if I have upset anyone here, I was merely replying to Pianorak who started posting in Welsh, . . .
                Humble apologies for any upset caused. Just to clarify: English and the occasional foray into French and German is ok, but another official British language ain't. Seems odd but there you are. As you were.
                My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• Anna

Oh, Duw, Duw! Let us not get our underwear into a proverbial twist about this and think about the latest puzzle. Although I am off now to do some research into the silkworm industry of Provence.

I think hercule's St. David's composer was Thomas Tompkins.
                  Last edited by Guest; 14-02-11, 19:52.

Comment

• Pianorak
                    • Nov 2010

Let us not get our underwear into a proverbial twist about this
                    Indeed not. Underwear perfectly untwisted - after all it's a double helping of Corrie soon!
                    Unable to concentrate on anything else at the mo.
                    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• Pianorak
                      • Nov 2010

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
                      Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
                      Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
                      Switch on the Telly in time for Corrie!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Tumbleweed rolls again through the Alphabet Associations thread as Peter Barlow's revenges prepare to burst over the guilty heads in the Street....
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Norfolk Born

The bombshell has been dropped - just time to make a cuppa and check on emails etc. before settling down to witness the fallout!
                          (A quick thought in passing: might Mr. Skinner be Leonard, the headmaster of Bart Simpson's school?)

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Decided to watch it 'live' rather than wait for the weekend. Slightly underwhelming, I thought... Expected a punch up, flying bouquets, blood, weeping children... Highlight was Norris's "You have to hand it to them , the Barlows are very good value" comment... hard on the heels of the Betty-Rosie exchange on the subject of Twitter. Which reminds me why Sally doesn't do it for me: can't abide the way she says "Wosie"....

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                              Tumbleweed rolls again through the Alphabet Associations thread as Peter Barlow's revenges prepare to burst over the guilty heads in the Street....
                              Tell me something. The average R3 listener is white, aged 54 and lives in the Home Counties. What has this to do with Corrie?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Tell me something. The average R3 listener is white, aged 54 and lives in the Home Counties. What has this to do with Corrie?
                                I have no idea Anna! Very strange!

Comment

Working...
                                X