X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brain is not in cryptic mode today so here goes a straightforward "W".

What W connects a pig, Franz Liszt and a castle in Germany?

Comment

Be careful what you wish for, hercule

Is this a guess? Or wishful thinking?

Comment

Indeed it could fit my clues. Purely in theoretical terms, if it was the correct answer, could you elucidate?

Apologies for the unsavoury nature of this purely conjectural solution to the puzzle.

If you were correct, "X" need not necessarily beckon. Judging from previous cycles, "A" would be more than acceptable.

Comment

Ja wohl!

Comment

Xylophone?

Evelyn Glennie plays Xylophone, as does Patrick Moore, who lives in Selsey.

A wild stab in the dark.

Comment

I think most of the rest of them are sleeping off Corrie-hangovers.

Comment

As it happens, I've been working (offline) for much of this morning, and have also just returned from updating the notice-board at the Community Centre. The level of activity on this thread does vary, as it does on others - probably for different reasons at different times. I have sometimes posted messages on other threads in order to lure the unsuspecting into joining us in our jolly word games. I must confess that, possibly in common with others, the mention of Selsey led to me to Eric Coates and thence to Desert Island Discs - whither people are xiled (boom!boom!).

Comment

My I offer a "Z"?

What Z links David Bowie, an Arabic scholar and a shark?

Comment

I think I may have googled this, but won't run the risk of posts crossing...

Comment

I can tell you it's not Ziggy.

Comment

A further clue: too much Bisto.

Comment

Any further clue's [sic]?

Comment

Zippo Lighters?

Comment

Anna,

Zippo Lighters? How bizarre, yet very close! Though it has nothing to do with lighters.

Comment

Well, there is an Alladin Sane Zippo, a Shark one and the Arabic scholar was that guy who figured out how to change Arabic numerals into Roman numerals and Zippo have now changed their marks from Roman back into Arabic. So, although maybe a bizarre answer, it sounds perfectly logical (to me)!

Comment

Working...
                                X