This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK I'll give you that one and you can fight for the Privilege of the P

Mozart Oboe Concerto opened the 2008 Proms http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms/archive/s.../july-18/13223

Well done to all, a fantastic joint effort!
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      Mozart Oboe Concerto, 2008 ??
      Yes Anna, I didn't need to spill the beans after all!
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
        Yes Anna, I didn't need to spill the beans after all!
        Off to a client lunch.... Anna, if mercia doesn't want a P.... have one on me! Ages since we had one from you, would be fun!
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Ages since we had one from you, would be fun!
          I vote for that too

Comment

What, like the principal of the Berlin Phil might have some poncey gold-plated oboe, you mean?
            Well JG has a golden flute!

Comment

[edit] - I see Vinny has it on a plate - the Conservatoire or English systems of oboe
              I think wor Flay is confusing Wimbledon & Wales - with Derby County & Leeds & Nottingham Forest

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                Originally Posted by Flay

[edit] - I see Vinny has it on a plate - the Conservatoire or English systems of oboe

I think wor Flay is confusing Wimbledon & Wales - with Derby County & Leeds & Nottingham Forest
                I don't understand any of that! [EDIT: Just tumbled to the Vinny Jones -Cloughie references... and the 'oboe systems' ]

And I can't see where "Vinny" mentioned systems of oboe... Back from lunch (Confit de pintade - Fricassée de poulet - Tarte frangipane aux poires ) and surprised not to find folk minding their Ps or even Qs...

The remaining answer is about oboe technology, isn't it: wiki tells us

"A modern oboe with the "full conservatoire" ("conservatory" in the USA) or Gillet key system has 45 pieces of keywork, ....Besides the full conservatoire system, oboes are also made using the English thumbplate system. ...With this type of mechanism the oboist has the best of both worlds as far as the convenience of fingerings is concerned"

So:

The Duck-oboe: Peter and the Wolf
                Mozart: Oboe concerto
                and the above...
                Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 18-04-12, 17:30.

Comment

.... what's happened to everyone?

Anna - do take the P.... It's eerily quiet...
                  Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 18-04-12, 20:17.

Comment

It's eerily quiet...
                    So it is. Glad you had your delicious lunch, Calibs - I missed mine and had to sit hungrily through a most boring 3-hour session on psychiatric interventions and therapies

Vindeplonk is indeed correct, in my haste I was mixed up. It was cloughie who mentioned the oboe plate first. It was all such a whirl. Thanks for your Anna-compliant summation.

Does nobody want to Proceed?
                    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

So it is. Glad you had your delicious lunch, Calibs - I missed mine and had to sit hungrily through a most boring 3-hour session on psychiatric interventions and therapies

Vindeplonk is indeed correct, in my haste I was mixed up. It was cloughie who mentioned the oboe plate first. It was all such a whirl. Thanks for your Anna-compliant summation.

Does nobody want to Proceed?
                      Sorry about your lunch, Dr F, but surely the session may come in handy when dealing with some threads on the R3 Forum?

Am heading out now, I would dearly like Anna to have a P but should she be unwilling or unavailable (ditto Cloughie and vindepays), I should be able to step up to the plate in an hour or so...

Comment

Am heading out now, I would dearly like Anna to have a P but should she be unwilling or unavailable (ditto Cloughie and vindepays), I should be able to step up to the plate in an hour or so...
                        Gosh, I hope somebody does take the baton. Anything would be better for general Psychiatric health on here than having me set another clue
                        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Deary me, Caliban's picture in #17783 appears to have disappeared. Here's one I prepared earlier, as they say...

Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Gosh, I hope somebody does take the baton. Anything would be better for general Psychiatric health on here than having me set another clue

Nonsense, it was fun! (< rocking in corner of room with head in hands> emoticon)

I'll do a P in an hour or so if no one else has

Comment

As the tumbleweed rolls on, let me try and re-populate this neck of the woods....

Spring Fever brings Joy in the Morning to two little known London-born composers, one of whom died tragically early and the other spent the last 75 years of his life in North America. What's the common P? Same word, three elements.

Comment

As the tumbleweed rolls on, let me try and re-populate this neck of the woods....

Spring Fever brings Joy in the Morning to two little known London-born composers, one of whom died tragically early and the other spent the last 75 years of his life in North America. What's the common P? Same word, three elements.
                                It's the way you Pell 'em
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X