X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinteuil
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    ... I am not totally convinced by NZ reds but I'll keep trying!

... yes, do keep trying: I think you may well come to find their pinot noirs some of the best things going (martinborough, canterbury, otago, marlborough, nelson... )

Comment

• Anna

Btw rubbers, talking about wine, when I went to the CoOp for the Rioja you recommended ......... there was none to be found! I suspect you wiped out their entire stock!
      Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      One day I shall recount here my experiences with a bottle of Cloudy Bay Sauvignon and an obliging flight attendant on a long-haul Air NZ flight Happy days!
      Oh Dear, not another Mile High?
      Last edited by Guest; 26-04-12, 16:34.

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
        ... yes, do keep trying: I think you may well come to find their pinot noirs some of the best things going (martinborough, canterbury, otago, marlborough, nelson... )

Indeed, the pinots are coming on very nicely. Beating the Aussies, even.

Anna, the need to move fast meant that a comprehensive sweep of several Co Ops in the Welsh borders was undertaken by the Lady R and yours truly thereby depleting the shelves for the less fortunate. It's the vinophile's equivalent of natural selection, for which I apologise

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
          Anna, the need to move fast meant that a comprehensive sweep of several Co Ops in the Welsh borders was undertaken by the Lady R and yours truly thereby depleting the shelves for the less fortunate. It's the vinophile's equivalent of natural selection, for which I apologise
          And to think I used to like you ........... No, I really should be thanking you for saving my money and leading me out of temptation......

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            So, just to recap, we are looking for a three-piece, originally unaccompanied, folk group who morphed into prog rock, is the vinyl picnic clue referring to the prog rock element? Are the proggers American?
            Proggers English, and the Picnic refers to Prog Rock element, can you track that down?

Comment

• Anna

Proggers English, and the Picnic refers to Prog Rock element, can you track that down?
              Not really cloughie (mention Prog Rock and I become blank, let alone Folk Prog Rock whereby I lose the will to live!) Pink Floyd had a sampler released on the Harvest Label called 'Picnic - A Breath of Fresh Air' (bit of trivia for you pub quizzers) but PF never started out as a folk trio so, no, complete blank I'm afraid. I'll have to leave it to others.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

Forest?
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                  Forest?
                  Ferney, thank heavens you're back. Apologies, we should have waited for you...

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Forest?
                    Yes it's good to see that someone can see the wood and the trees. Can you give chapter and verse?

Comment

• Anna

Forest?
                      Oh, of course, how could anyone forget them and their 'Midnight Hanging of a Runaway Serf' I never knew there was such a thing as Medieval Folk Rock!

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                        Gone fishin'
                        • Sep 2011

Yes it's good to see that someone can see the wood and the trees. Can you give chapter and verse?
                        Forest were the English Folk trio-cum-Prog Rockers.
                        Douglas Lilburn, the New Zealand composer, wrote a Symphonic Poem called Forest

... stuck in Scotland!
                        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Forest?
                          Cloughie... Forest... Takes me back to my schooldays in Nottingham's fair city
                          "...the isle is full of noises,
                          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                            Oh, of course, how could anyone forget them and their 'Midnight Hanging of a Runaway Serf' I never knew there was such a thing as Medieval Folk Rock!
                            It appears Forest had a track on that same 'Picnic - A Breath of Fresh Air' sampler as Pink Floyd. You were so nearly there, Anna!

Comment

• cloughie
                              • Dec 2011

Forest were the English Folk trio-cum-Prog Rockers.
                              Douglas Lilburn, the New Zealand composer, wrote a Symphonic Poem called Forest

... stuck in Scotland!
                              Composer of Scottish parentage, still with us!

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                                You were so nearly there, Anna!
                                Story of me life Ducks! So, is the Scottish connection Flowers of the Forest? Edit: I see from cross posted above, it is not

Comment

Working...
                                X