X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Better known for vibrations
    I remember using one of these as a blue collar youth. I can still feel the vibes...

Comment

OK, this will be Kwik! And rather hastily kobbled together.

Three of the same: Marching in Lancashire? Dancing in Scandinavia. Better known for vibrations than this Biblical context.
      Are we talking early music, Anna?

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
        Are we talking early music, Anna?
        Only for one element but the date of composition is not really pertinent to the answer. I am now leaving until 2.15

Comment

I am ineluctably drawn to King...

Comment

As in sparKING clogs, the Mountain KING and the Kings Singers recording of Good Vibrations - Well maybe no!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
              A guava, innit?
              indeed. a little detail I forgot. sorry.
              Last edited by mercia; 27-04-12, 13:43.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                indeed. a little detail I forgot. sorry.
                No problem.

Your deleted bit sent me off to the news, thanks! I'll avoid the TCR.... I was going to say I've been tempted to chuck computers out of windows, but the situation seems a sad one and a rather serious one in fact...
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

I'm back and please go with that thought everyone although it's none of the ones mentioned by cloughie. The marching need not be in Lancs, it could be in the Deep South and the vibrations are nothing to do with the Beach Boys but better known for jazz
                  Last edited by Guest; 27-04-12, 14:36. Reason: Additional cluette

Comment

I'm back and please go with that thought everyone although it's none of the ones mentioned by cloughie. The marching need not be in Lancs, it could be in the Deep South and the vibrations are nothing to do with the Beach Boys but better known for jazz
                    Well, as far as I got was:

Marching - Sousa, the March King (the Lancs clue escapes me)
                    Dancing - The King of Denmark's Galliard, by Dowland (Scandinavian reference)
                    Biblical context - King James Bible
                    Vibrations - owt to do with BB King, or EDIT King Oliver?

Sorry for the haste. I have work to finish off before I get found out...

Comment

Well, as far as I got was:
                      Marching - Sousa, the March King (the Lancs clue escapes me)
                      Dancing - The King of Denmark's Galliard, by Dowland (Scandinavian reference)Biblical context - King James Bible
                      Vibrations - owt to do with BB King, or EDIT King Oliver?

Sorry for the haste. I have work to finish off before I get found out...
                      Those I have emboldened are correct (Gosh, that sounds quite Biblical?)
                      It is indeed a March by Sousa, think what Lancashire and the Deep South are famous for?
                      Biblical element, someone normally associated with his vibes rather than a full symphonic score

Comment

Those I have emboldened are correct (Gosh, that sounds quite Biblical?)

Verily I say unto thee that there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth and the teeth shall be gnashened.

Still no further on with the unemboldened and godless wretches.

Comment

Verily I say unto thee that there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth and the teeth shall be gnashened.

King Cotton!

Comment

OK, further cluette re the Sousa. Assume you're in Sydney and you see a poster advertising a Sale of Manchesters in a department store? What would you go and buy?
                            Edit: Cross posted with Taps - yes, it's King Cotton!! Well done.

Comment

... yea, let us not forget the motto of Springfield* - "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."

* The Simpsons - natch...

Comment

Well, Taps obviously has kracked the K (not the bestest of puzzles I have to confess), not sure if he wants a final stab at the last part, I'll hang on unless anyone else wants to be bold and finish it off. The subject of the last lost his friend, can be found in Kings, Samuel and Chronicles and stood up to a bully ........

Comment

Working...
                                X