This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flay View Post
    You might need to be more (boldly) Courageous perhaps?
    Flay, I never knew you were a Trekkie! I was thinking more Sandy Dennis?
    (Also, I do apologise for my bad tempered post yesterday)

Comment

"Ludwig for kids": should we be thinking of the kids' TV cartoon (five-minute stories, used to be shown in the "Magic Roundabout slot" at tea-time, just before the News)?
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Flay, I never knew you were a Trekkie! I was thinking more Sandy Dennis?
        Forgive my Germanic interruption - it was just a thought. Cloughie's not giving anything away, we will have to plead on bended knee as usual .

(Also, I do apologise for my bad tempered post yesterday)
        Gosh, I missed that. Was something directed at me? Our phone lines have only just been reconnected after two days of no-internet hell. I was only popping in when I could from other places.

I am sorry that you have so much stress on at the moment. I know all about the taxman and his surprises
        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

I am sorry that you have so much stress on at the moment. I know all about the taxman and his surprises
          I'm very fond of Her Majesty but I hate her %*&^^"% Revenue and Customs men!
          Are we looking at a film for the Ludwig connection? Is the Ali G? No, perhaps not the last

Comment

I'm very fond of Her Majesty but I hate her %*&^^"% Revenue and Customs men!
            Are we looking at a film for the Ludwig connection? Is the Ali either Ali G or Ali Barba?
            More of an Alf really. The Ludwig is not film-related.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
              I'm like an open book

the archivist says no Queyras registered before
              I've used Queyras AND Mantovani before, m'lud

Comment

Could fhg and Caliban and anyone else minded to discuss very recent episodes of The Bridge kindly put SPOILER ALERT at the top of their threads svp

You just can't get the staff, innit
                Last edited by Guest; 06-05-12, 13:29. Reason: solecism

Comment

SPOILER ALERT

(ACTUALLY NOT - I DELIBERATELY TRIED TO AVOID ANY SPOILING...)

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

And lucky old August!!
                  Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                  Ah; I'm not so sure - Saga merely said that he "slept over" and, I think, literally meant nothing more; Martin (the idiotic hypocrite!) put two-and-two together to get seven! I think sleeping was all they did "together" that night (to August's understandable disappointment, no doubt!)

I have no idea about this U...

In the meantime, I would love to know Anna's intuitive view on the above question, assuming she watched The Bridge... August: did he or didn't he?
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                    More of an Alf really. The Ludwig is not film-related.
                    Alf - is that an alien life form? Perhaps in a cartoon? I only thought with Ludwig, there is a film Beethoven Upstairs, which I think is for children. No idea, obviously up the wrong garden path again!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                      solecism
                      Nasty, have you seen a doctor about it?
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                        I've used Queyras AND Mantovani before, m'lud

OK OK

That's why I arsked mercia originally, in fact: the Mantovani thing rang a distant bell.

Apologies for not having the laser-like photographic memory capacity of the amateur brain!

Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 06-05-12, 13:49. Reason: Strangulated solecism

Comment

Nasty, have you seen a doctor about it?

It's like having a limp

Must be all this cold weather...

Comment

Alf - is that an alien life form? Perhaps in a cartoon? I only thought with Ludwig, there is a film Beethoven Upstairs, which I think is for children. No idea, obviously up the wrong garden path again!
                            I was thinking about LvB rather than a St Bernard! Something many an exasperated parent has shouted to their children in the early hours...

Come on, cloughie, pass us a clue, don't hoard it in defence, SHOOT!
                            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Anna - you have the Beethoven link - in my obviously inadequate googling, I had nnot realised it was a film< having only checked the music!

So can you get the other two? Who was Alf - well if I said she was female would it help. Sandy oon the other hand is male!

Comment

Oh goody, I was on the wrong track. I can keep what I was thinking for another AA clue later on....
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X