This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Amongst others were Verdi, Tchaikovsky, Honneger and incidentally Bernstein, which J under various guises is this that inspired?
    I think you may be talking of the inspiration of a French maid who expired
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
      I think you may be talking of the inspiration of a French maid who expired
      I might very well be talking about her Flay! Would you like to post your findings upon her?

Comment

I might very well be talking about her Flay! Would you like to post your findings upon her?
        Joan of Arc:-

Verdi - Giovanna d'Arco
        Tchaikovsky - The Maid of Orleans
        Honneger - Jeanne d'Arc au bûcher
        Bernstein - incidental music for L'Alouette (The Lark), a play influenced by the d'Arc story

... .. .. ... now for a K
        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Very good Flay, the play of course was by Jean Anhouil, there were so many to choose from including Gounod, Brecht (St. Joan of the Stockyards). GB Shaw, Mark Twain, and of course, the inspiration for Verdi and Tchaik, was Schiller. Question inspired by previous by ferney being burnt at the stake ........... so, the answer is Joan! Edit: Ferney was not of course burnt at the stake .... he merely singed the lasagne!
          Last edited by Guest; 09-05-12, 17:28.

Comment

Edit: Ferney was not of course burnt at the stake .... he merely singed the lasagne!
            Thank goodness for that. I must say we are getting some gruesome AAs at the moment. Just Kogitating a K
            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Edit: Ferney was not of course burnt at the stake .... he merely singed the lasagne!
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Please come to my aid by finding a K from these three:

Sergei’s dance for rival families
                From the time signal to having a child with Johnny
                A first from Canterbury
                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

As I set the one before this I will refrain from replying and leave it to others to have a go.
                  Wot larks Pip!

Comment

Cali said he's travelling on business, has he nipped off to Gay Paree again to haunt the patisseries?
                    Wembley. It took just 20 minutes less than the journey to Paris by Eurostar

Back now

The 'infelix ego' thing was awfully good!

O! K...
                    "...the isle is full of noises,
                    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

The "rival families" could indeed have been theatrically topical in recent weeks on R3
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

As I set the one before this I will refrain from replying and leave it to others to have a go.
                        Wot larks Pip!
                        Did you get it then, Anna? I must say that setting an AA challenge is getting harder, I almost dread answering now

When I answered for the last Y I first worked out a Z, cross-referencing it, doing Google-checks to ensure it worked.

AA is making me neurotic. Still, I'll soon be in the Outer Hebrides. And it's raining!

There's no such thing as the wrong weather, it's just the wrong clothing. Or so they say....
                        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

The "rival families" could indeed have been theatrically topical in recent weeks on R3

There's such an obvious answer to that element that it would set off the QI klaxon if I uttered it ... but that doesn't get me to a k... (other than klaxon )

Comment

There's no such thing as the wrong weather, it's just the wrong clothing. Or so they say....
                            That's Billy Connolly: "no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                              That's Billy Connolly: "no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes..."
                              Indeed it is! Go on, spit out the K. I know it's obvious. I'm out in a minute...
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Indeed it is! Go on, spit out the K. I know it's obvious. I'm out in a minute...
                                It's not obvious!! I mean... (cue QI klaxon): Montagues & Capulets in S. Prok's "R&J"... but where's the K, I arskes ya, where's the K???

Comment

Working...
                                X