This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    In my defence, it was some big boys that did it!! Yes, I never watched Coronation Street until Norfy and Caliban were going on about Colin Fishwick and I just had a peep at the programme .... to see what they found so interesting ....... and that was my downfall Your Honour!
    You have been acquitted, you may leave this court without a stain on your character

The pub last night was very good, didn't mean to be halfhearted: it was drinks with buffet food and the latter was delicious - little freshly cooked pies (chicken/mushroom; s&k), giant prawns in batter, yummy sausages etc etc. And one of the best beers on the planet (Old Hooky)

In other news: I watched SILK... not as good as last season, I didn't think - can't work out why. It seemed all slightly incredible (not to mention the pass made at Our Heroine by Lady Macbeth ). What did you think, Annakins?

PS What happened to the two rival pupils from last time - neither was in evidence in Ep 1 were they?
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      In other news: I watched SILK... not as good as last season, I didn't think - can't work out why. It seemed all slightly incredible (not to mention the pass made at Our Heroine by Lady Macbeth ). What did you think, Annakins?

PS What happened to the two rival pupils from last time - neither was in evidence in Ep 1 were they?
      To be honest, I was disappointed. Not only by the storyline and Lady Macbeth but (much as I like him as an actor - in Dickens) by the inclusion of Phil Davis as the bent solicitor Micky Joy as a regular cast member and, it seems, an ongoing tussle between Chambers (Billy) and Martha about keeping him sweet and bringing in the fees. It seemed to me, on basis on first episode, to have gone downmarket. However, I see it got a viewing figure of 5.6m. The two rival pupils seem to have been replaced by a couple who would never in a month of Sundays have been taken on but obviously provide a comic element ....... Hmm, we shall see how it develops. I am not hopeful.

Anyway, having eaten I feel a bit more perky and will embark upon The Bridge shortly!!

Comment

We ourselves are about to set forth......fortified by chicken breasts in chicken soup, potatoes, mushrooms and courgettes and onion, followed by tiramisu and accompanied by a glass of Chilean white.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          Anyway, having eaten I feel a bit more perky and will embark upon The Bridge shortly!!
          Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
          We ourselves are about to set forth......fortified by chicken breasts in chicken soup, potatoes, mushrooms and courgettes and onion, followed by tiramisu and accompanied by a glass of Chilean white.
          See you both on the other side..... I hope! Because anything could happen on...

.... The Bridge!

(Yes Anna - I think our reactions to Silk were identical. Nice when learned friends concur, ain't it? )

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            OK Wise-guy!

AL Summary

P Andre Previn ammy

to link Streetwise Shelly Shelly Manne, played in Trio with Previn recording a jazz version of My Fair Lady. (On th Street(wise) where you live) merc
            a smart cookie's mate Ernie Wise's mate Eric norfy
            Mamma Mia Farrow the ex Mrs Previn merc

Looks like merc is head of the Q.
            mercia... .or ams?

Comment

Well cloughie I reckon that was your finest puzzle yet!

Nowt to do with me really, I managed to pick a list of Ps and cloughie generously selected the answer for me, Calibs - tis mercs' triumph indisputibly ... and we can wait

But the cricket got very interesting towards the end & I may go tomorrow as it's ÂŁ10 or ÂŁ5 for 65+ and I might well pass for that

I've seen a bit of Epi 9 of The Bridge so I must crack on so that you can all have a mass debate when Anna has done too.

And so to the sound of frenchie's tuk-tuk spluttering into life, I bid you adieu!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                Well cloughie I reckon that was your finest puzzle yet!

Nowt to do with me really, I managed to pick a list of Ps and cloughie generously selected the answer for me, Calibs - tis mercs' triumph indisputibly ... and we can wait

But the cricket got very interesting towards the end & I may go tomorrow as it's ÂŁ10 or ÂŁ5 for 65+ and I might well pass for that

I've seen a bit of Epi 9 of The Bridge so I must crack on so that you can all have a mass debate when Anna has done too.

And so to the sound of frenchie's tuk-tuk spluttering into life, I bid you adieu!
                Naughty!!

Comment

Shades of 'Radio Active', which held a Mass Debate (on the subject of nuclear disarmament, as it happens), complete with naughty jingle.
                  Just finished watching Episode 10 of 'The Bridge'. Not giving anything away until the 'all-clear'. Incidentally, did anybody else notice that the Danes call her Sega and the Swedes call her Saga?

Comment

Shades of 'Radio Active', which held a Mass Debate (on the subject of nuclear disarmament, as it happens), complete with naughty jingle.
                    Just finished watching Episode 10 of 'The Bridge'. Not giving anything away until the 'all-clear'. Incidentally, did anybody else notice that the Danes call her Sega and the Swedes call her Saga?
                    Yes - that struck me too last night. Agreed about taking Bridge chatter to The Bridge thread, btw... There maybe a lot to say, and it will clog this one up!

Comment

Wow! Bit of a rollercoaster ..... Phew! I'll say no more here. Hurry up and watch it Ammy!
                      Caliban, I'm so pleased we agree about Silk
                      Edit: the cricket got really exciting at the end and it's probably just as well no-one had set a new puzzle and what with that and catching up with tv nobody would have given it any attention.
                      Last edited by Guest; 20-05-12, 21:57.

Comment

oops - is it me ? can't do Q

R

Daland's daughter with Dorati
                        Keikobad's daughter with Boehm
                        Florestan's wife with Fricsay

Comment

Recordings by Leonie Rysanek of, respectively, Der fliegende Holländer, Die Frau Ohne Schatten and Fidelio.

Comment

Respective roles: Senta, the Empress, Leonore.

Comment

Recordings by Leonie Rysanek of, respectively, Der fliegende Holländer, Die Frau Ohne Schatten and Fidelio.
                              very good, very good

I wondered if a smart-alec might offer "recordings" as the answer

fortunately NorfolkBorn jumped in first

save-our-souls with an S

Comment

Working on 'S' now!

Comment

Working...
                                X