This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anna

Pink Floyd, back of Delicate cd, pictture of weird trees. Do you know that album? We do this in Wales all the times wrapping dead trees. I had a pic but deleted it off to bed Sleep well everyone.
    Last edited by Guest; 24-02-11, 00:35.

Comment

• BetweenTheStaves

Mmm...I'm either getting senile or my Mac's playing up as I thought I'd posted a clue as I will be out onsite all day and not able to check in until later in the day.

Bravo and Brava are not the answer but should point you in the right direction. Maybe Patrick and Peter are French? There...that's given it away!

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Padding....
        Are we talking about the 1976 Ring cycle produced by Patrice Chereau and Pierre Boulez, the 1994-1996 productions by Richard Jones and Katahrina Wagner's 2010 'rat-infested Lohengrin'? In which case, Bayreuth would be right, yes?
        Last edited by Guest; 24-02-11, 10:23. Reason: Third part of answer added

Comment

• Norfolk Born

If my #2296 is correct, and anybody would like me to post a 'C' question, I have one ready, but will be away from my PC for the next hour or so.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

OK then...
            Examples of what 'C' inspired, or feature in, compositons by:
            (a) A North London group who had a No. 1 US hit; (b) The subject of a 'Monitor' film; and (c) a visitor to the scene of coronation ceremonies?

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
              OK then...
              Examples of what 'C' inspired, or feature in, compositons by:
              (a) A North London group who had a No. 1 US hit; (b) The subject of a 'Monitor' film; and (c) a visitor to the scene of coronation ceremonies?
              I've been going round in circles on this... I thought it might involve The Dave Clark Five, Elgar and church bells? Or not...

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Im afraid not. The 'C' word features in the title of two of the three compositions, and a 'C' formed the inspiration for part of the third. The three composers are of three different nationalities.

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
                  The three composers are of three different nationalities
                  So we're according the North London pop group composer status?

if we have 3 different nationalities, then our 'Monitor' subject cannot be Elgar
                  I guess that must be right, Hercule

Comment

• rubbernecker

Might we be talking (or else I am going) Cuckoo?

Delius, On hearing the first Cuckoo in Spring

Handel, Organ Concerto Cuckoo and the Nightingale

Some pop song inspired by One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest?

The dual-nationalities are a problem though...

Comment

• rubbernecker

Maybe Pete Doherty and "1440 Cuckoo" fits in somwhere?

Comment

• BetweenTheStaves

Bayreuth was what I was after...but then you guys worked that out. Out of curiosity, did you need my extra clue? When i said Dick I was thinking about Richard Wagner....jury still out on whether or not he was a 'good guy' but your Richard is much better.

Finished a bit early...sunshine out....pint of Owd Bull in the sun...bliss.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

One of the group wrote the song in question, which to my mind makes him a composer (of sorts). And try being less insular when it comes to 1960s arts programmes... - and there's something in #2300 that might move you along in the right general direction.
                          Last edited by Guest; 24-02-11, 17:16.

Comment

• BetweenTheStaves

I have Gilbert O'Sullivan Claire

Debussy on Monitor with Claire de Lune

Am I 2/3 of the way there?

Comment

• Norfolk Born

No, 1/6!

Comment

• rubbernecker

Cathedral?