This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    The Resurrection Stone was one of the three Deathly Hallows, originally in the possession of Cadmus Peverell ..... Oh what are you like Cali?

The Deathly Hallows were the Stone, the Elder Wand and the Cloak of Invisibility

Now link "Deathly Hallows" with Elizabeth II and her pa....
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Rupert Grint had a crush on her? No idea. Can I go to bed now?

Comment

Rupert Grint had a crush on her? No idea. Can I go to bed now?
        Of course! It's gone half ten! Ammy's already trolling around the world of dreams

This can await pub closing time / wine & cheese refugees / the early morning brigade.

Night night

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Of course! It's gone half ten! Ammy's already trolling around the world of dreams
          This can await pub closing time / wine & cheese refugees / the early morning brigade.
          Night night bigrin:
          Oh. well, are we all going to bed? I thought I had the answer!! Caliban. is, I think is such a H Potter virgin ....... Is the answer Diamond?
          Last edited by Guest; 23-06-12, 22:57.

Comment

Oh. well, are we all going to bed? I thought I had the answer!! Caliban. is, I think is such a H Potter virgin ....... Is the answer Diamond?
            No I shall be around a few more hours, I'm a weekend dirty stop-up

I've never read one of the books, it's true. But as I mentioned above, the books are not the thing here.

Not Diamond.

Comment

Anything to do with the QEII Bridge, apparently seen in the background at one point in the Deathly Hallows film?

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                Now link "Deathly Hallows" with Elizabeth II and her pa....
                Coronation Chicken was invented by Constance Spry at the changeover from GRVI to ERII in 1953, and Deathly Hallows is an anagram of 'Wholly the salad', so maybe the answer is our old friend Dickie Tummy?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
                  Coronation Chicken was invented by Constance Spry at the changeover from GRVI to ERII in 1953, and Deathly Hallows is an anagram of 'Wholly the salad', so maybe the answer is our old friend Dickie Tummy?
                  ... that must be the bestest answer we have ever had on these Boards

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                    ... that must be the bestest answer we have ever had on these Boards
                    Totally agree vints - bravo Don P

Comment

wikipedia says some French bloke wrote film music for Potter and Mirren's Queen & The King's Impediment

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                        wikipedia says some French bloke wrote film music for Potter and Mirren's Queen & The King's Impediment
                        Oh well done, mercs -- French bloke whose name begins with a D would be jolly useful

I'm afraid that I suspect that the young master has probably got Carstairs racing betweeen the grill & his plate while he consumes his usual hearty weekend breakfast, kippers, kidneys,cumberlands, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, yards of toast, pots of coffee, patum peperium and the Oxford Thick Cut

Comment

I'm glad we've finally stapled that one (in a roundabout sort of way)

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post

Quite extraordinary, Don. Correct!!!

Only joking!

Except the 'extraordinary' bit

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                              No need to be so dismissive, mercs! They may be crap at football but he writes good scores!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                                Oh well done, mercs -- French bloke whose name begins with a D would be jolly useful

I'm afraid that I suspect that the young master has probably got Carstairs racing betweeen the grill & his plate while he consumes his usual hearty weekend breakfast, kippers, kidneys,cumberlands, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, yards of toast, pots of coffee, patum peperium and the Oxford Thick Cut
                                I was catching up with last week's BAL on Sibelius 5 in fact!

Mercia, are you prepared to soil your keyboard with the name of the Frenchman. For, indeed, he is the D I was after. And you've got yourself a nice Sunday lunchtime E

Comment

Working...
                                X