• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heifetz?

Oldham connection = Walton?

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      Just read the shocking update in the Walse saga... Is there some other outrage we should be reading?
      Updated again. I really must get a life. Mrs Flay is on her way back...
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        Heifetz?

Oldham connection = Walton?
        You got yourself a sharp I there, pardner!!

Bang on the money.

Care to placate the Anna's Law bailiffs and set out your working?
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

You got yourself a sharp I there, pardner!!

Bang on the money.

Care to placate the Anna's Law bailiffs and set out your working?
          Heifetz was born into a Litvak family in Vilnius; in 1910 he entered the Saint Petersburg Conservatory to study under Leopold Auer; he taught the violin extensively, holding master classes first at UCLA, then at the University of Southern California.

He commissioned a violin concerto from William Walton who was born in Oldham.

Howzat?!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            Heifetz was born into a Litvak family in Vilnius; in 1910 he entered the Saint Petersburg Conservatory to study under Leopold Auer; he taught the violin extensively, holding master classes first at UCLA, then at the University of Southern California.

He commissioned a violin concerto from William Walton who was born in Oldham.

Howzat?!
            An enormous 6 into the pavillion where Caliban now proposes to put his feet up and tuck into cake while you take things forward

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
              Updated again.

You have outdone yourself. How the Fricka did you format those tables??!?

It's sublime

Comment

It's sublime
                A magnificent thread Flay - I do hope you show Mrs. Flay so she can understand you are not simply messing about on the Net with your AA buddies but providing insightful and worthwhile commentary on social issues such as incest, murder and Wagner!!

Comment

What I links the Duchess with the first official busker on London Underground, Mr Siegenberg and a Tchaikovsky Competition 1st Prize Winner?
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-07-12, 15:18. Reason: clarification

Comment

Ibbs (&Tillett), artist management agents

Emmie Tillett nicknamed "The Duchess of Wigmore Street"
                    the agency representing among others, Julian Lloyd Webber, first licensed busker, Clifford Curzon (Mr Siegenberg) and Vladimir Ashkenazy, joint 1962 Tchaikovsky winner
                    Last edited by mercia; 07-07-12, 17:21. Reason: licenced or licensed ?

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                      Ibbs (&Tillett), artist management agents

Emmie Tillett nicknamed "The Duchess of Wigmore Street"
                      the agency representing among others, Julian Lloyd Webber, first licenced busker, Clifford Curzon (Mr Siegenberg) and Vladimir Ashkenazy, joint 1962 Tchaikovsky winner
                      Just under 30 mins - bravo mercs

Over to you for a J, yay!

Comment

J connecting

an exit, Gibson replacing Tyler and a chaplain at Portsmouth barracks

Comment

It's sublime

Well, I started off working it all out from fiddling with the font and formatting buttons, the insert table button, colours etc.

After it was nearly finished I discovered that if you click on the "Switch editor to WYSIWYG Mode" button A/A on the top left above, you can simply copy and paste from the BBC website, and then re-write the words.
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Joshua

Joshua Bell replaced his Tyler with the Gibson Stradivarius

Joshua (Handel) librettist was Thomas Morrell and he was appointed Garrison Chaplain at Portsmouth barracks in 1775.

Just need the exit...

EDIT: Joshua Ledet on ‘American Idol’ Exit,? Barrel...scraping......

EDIT EDIT: Joshua Tree ? U2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
                              Joshua

Joshua Bell replaced his Tyler with the Gibson Stradivarius

Joshua (Handel) librettist was Thomas Morrell and he was appointed Garrison Chaplain at Portsmouth barracks in 1775.

EDIT EDIT: Joshua Tree ? U2 ?

hopeless question, but brilliant answer, well done

welcome [is this your first time on AA ?] all answers as per the card

would you like to set a K question ?

Comment

Nice one RM, v well played

Is a K going to be forthcoming? (That said, I'm about to go out. Annoyingly, as this men's doubles final is pretty compelling )

I wonder if RM is aware of the responsibility, so dear to our friend mercia, of setting after solving
                                Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 07-07-12, 21:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X