X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shut-eye time! I have a 'V' ready which I can post tomorrow if required.

Comment

Originally posted by Northender View Post
      I'm tempted to suggest the Ulster Orchestra, except that I used it quite recently in a 'U' question.
      It was founded in 1966 with Arts Council funding and its new Principal Conductor is JoAnn Falletta.
      I don't know about Maurice, so I may well be on the wrong track.
      Sorry all.... Yes! the Ulster Orch!

<doh>

I must have missed your use of it..... What a dummy I am.

A V at your convenience, sVp
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
        Sorry I've not been playing today. I've just finished masticating in the shower. I had the day off but Mrs F had me Under orders - a long list of jobs, only just completed!

Last night the neighbours were listening (at full volume and with the windows open) to the Lloyd Webber thingy about choosing a Jesus. I commented how awful it was. She announced that JC Superstar would be on during her birthday weekend in October and she wanted to go because Chris Moyles would be in it ("he's nice to his mum"), so I was charged with getting seats for us, even though I had warned her that they would be expensive and probably sold out. But she insisted.
        So I booked a couple of the few last available tickets for the Sunday night at the Sheffield Arena at incredible cost (last row top tier three quarters of the way back so she will complain that it is too hot, too far back, everyone in the way etc.)

Job well done, I thought. When I proudly told her of my achievement she told me that she had said to book the Nottingham Arena on the Saturday night - it is an extra performance so there would have been much better seats, a better night to be going out, we could have had the day in Nottingham, etc etc.

Doghouse again!

Still: bright side - back to work tomorrow for a bit of a break

Had she said book for Nottingham? Because if she had, you are (if I may say so) your own worst enemy. If not:

As to your in-shower activites - well I hope it's all dried by morning

Another day tomorrow. Sorry, a couple of minutes ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Had she said book for Nottingham? Because if she had, you are (if I may say so) your own worst enemy. If not:
          She says so. I don't remember. We would usually do Sheffield. She says I never hear what she says

She doesn't understand that I have more important things to be thinking about and doing. Like AA.
          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

you are your own worst enemy.
            That sums me up completely, sighed the hapless Toad.

Forgive my idle chatter filling the Vacuum

p.s. the recent answer wasn't Ulster, but was to do with their newest conductor. So all's well!
            Last edited by Flay; 27-07-12, 07:24. Reason: Note to Calibs
            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

He's right, you know! The question which I set that featured the Ulster Orchestra was actually all about Joann F...
              Any road up, here's a question to help fill the yawning gap between now and the start of the *lymp*c *p*n*ng C*r*m*ny.

One composer featured one example each in two poems, while a second composer featured a single example three times in a year. The three 'V's are not that far apart from one another.

Comment

He's right, you know! The question which I set that featured the Ulster Orchestra was actually all about Joann F...
                Any road up, here's a question to help fill the yawning gap between now and the start of the *lymp*c *p*n*ng C*r*m*ny.

One composer featured one example each in two poems, while a second composer featured a single example three times in a year. The three 'V's are not that far apart from one another.
                Is Tchaikovsky in there?

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                  She says so. I don't remember. We would usually do Sheffield. She says I never hear what she says

She doesn't understand that I have more important things to be thinking about and doing. Like AA.

Understood!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                    Is Tchaikovsky in there?
                    Hang on, I'll just have a peek....No he's not, I'm afraid.

Comment

I've just checked. The third 'V' is some 36 miles (57 kilometres) from the first and second, which are just over a mile (ca. 1.7 km) apart.

Comment

[COLOR="#0000FF"]
                        Had she said book for Nottingham? /COLOR]
                        Early here, so eyes not totally focussed - read that as "book for Norrington" - the fast train, eh?

[COLOR="#0000FF"]Another day tomorrow. Sorry, a couple of minutes ago./COLOR]
                        Just had that Brian Cox on the blower, Cali - he says you were right first time and second time - Cali's Paradox he's proposing to call it

Comment

Three Villas:

Respighi, Pines of Rome, 1st section: "The Pines of the Villa Borghese"
                          Respighi: Fountains of Rome, 4th section: "The Villa Medici Fountains at Dusk"
                          Liszt, Années de pèlerinage, Troisième année, nos 2: "Aux cyprès de la Villa d'Este I: Thrénodie", 3: "Aux cyprès de la Villa d'Este II: Thrénodie ", and 4: "Les jeux d'eaux à la Villa d'Este "

Comment

Remarkable stuff scb and a most elegant question, of which I wish I'd thought when I get V (which seems to have happened a lot)

Comment

Your reply is correct in all particulars, and conforms fully with Anna's Law.
                              On to W, if you please.

Comment

A W to link:

(1) a teacher;
                                (2) a songwriter and record producer;
                                (3) a singer who composed to his own libretto.

Comment

Working...
                                X