Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          'Forgetful' would be another,

But hey, it's only a game.
          Time to stop digging, methinks!

Comment

Play nicely, girls!!
            "...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Cool it everyone this is supposed to be fun. I was grateful for the lull. I've just had one of my own, reading bits of Henry Wood's biography.

He mentioned his "point-blank" refusal to an American to take short master classes in singing for £14 an hour. "Had he offered me £400 an hour my answer would have been the same. It is absolutely unfair for any pupil to be expected to pay a fee for a lesson lasting twenty minutes... ...If I give a lesson I like to take at least forty minutes over it so that I can teach the pupil something. The American method of living at top speed and white heat cannot be successfully applied to art."

Which I caught Wood's eye, performing a premiere of sorts in the proms in 1906: "the logical clarity of his playing impressed everyone." The following season's work he made undoubtedly a premiere.
              The related second I was a pianist who was for a time head if music for the Third Programme
              The next I could and would not have caught Wood's eye, being born 7 years after Wood's death and 4688 miles away. But some loved him for being cool and lonely.
              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                Cool it everyone this is supposed to be fun. I was grateful for the lull. I've just had one of my own, reading bits of Henry Wood's biography.

He mentioned his "point-blank" refusal to an American to take short master classes in singing for £14 an hour. "Had he offered me £400 an hour my answer would have been the same. It is absolutely unfair for any pupil to be expected to pay a fee for a lesson lasting twenty minutes... ...If I give a lesson I like to take at least forty minutes over it so that I can teach the pupil something. The American method of living at top speed and white heat cannot be successfully applied to art."

Which I caught Wood's eye, performing a premiere of sorts in the proms in 1906: "the logical clarity of his playing impressed everyone." The following season's work he made undoubtedly a premiere.
                The related second I was a pianist who was for a time head if music for the Third Programme
                The next I could and would not have caught Wood's eye, being born 7 years after Wood's death and 4688 miles away. But some loved him for being cool and lonely.
                Edward Isaacs, Godfrey Isaacs and someone else called Isaacs?

edit: That'll be yer actual Gregory Isaacs, I think

Comment

Edward Isaacs, Godfrey Isaacs and someone else called Isaacs?
                  too easy. But it's not over till the man sings. Need the third please, the clues are there
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

too easy. But it's not over till the man sings. Need the third please, the clues are there
                    What am I saying Edward is correct, but not Godfrey
                    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Is it Loyd Grossman (he asked saucily)?

Comment

Originally posted by Northender View Post
                        Is it Loyd Grossman (he asked saucily)?
                        To paraphrase subby: no.
                        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Third is Gregory Isaacs

Comment

Third is Gregory Isaacs
                            Yes. I wonder what Henry Wood would have made of reggae?
                            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

To paraphrase subby: no.

(I knew it wasn't Loyd Grossman, 'cos 'Loyd' dont begin with 'I', do it?)

Comment

Yes. I wonder what Henry Wood would have made of reggae?
                                He'd have used a very long stick and said

" Rum old beat, gentlemen but I suggest we give it a go & let the young feller come in when he's ready. Ahem!"

Comment

Working...
                                X