X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    You're just hurling names at me here, cloughie - names to clues please.

Thanking you!
    1 Jaap Schoder plays on period instruments
    2 Jaap van Zweden youngest ever leader of the Concertgebouw
    3 Jaap Valkoff His most famous text he wrote in 1961 on demand of Johnny Hoes called "Hand in hand kameraden" (Hand in hand comrades). The melody used was already 70 years old (composed by Wilhelm Speidel) and the text was used to promote several Dutch football teams such as Ajax Amsterdam and Feyenoord Rotterdam. Hoes sung the song for all clubs at first, but eventually only the Feyenoord edition stayed alive, in fact the song became their official club hymn.

You doubtingb Thomas!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      1 Jaap Schoder plays on period instruments
      2 Jaap van Zweden youngest ever leader of the Concertgebouw
      3 Jaap Valkoff His most famous text he wrote in 1961 on demand of Johnny Hoes called "Hand in hand kameraden" (Hand in hand comrades). The melody used was already 70 years old (composed by Wilhelm Speidel) and the text was used to promote several Dutch football teams such as Ajax Amsterdam and Feyenoord Rotterdam. Hoes sung the song for all clubs at first, but eventually only the Feyenoord edition stayed alive, in fact the song became their official club hymn.

You doubtingb Thomas!
      Good stuff, cloughie - I had Jaap ter Linden on my card for the first but I'll give you yours if you amend it to Jaap Schroder

Over to you for a special K

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Good stuff, cloughie - I had Jaap ter Linden on my card for the first but I'll give you yours if you amend it to Jaap Schroder
        You're a tough task-master today, Ammy!
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Glad you approve, Caliban

How was your Prom, btw? Sounded good on t'wireless

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Over to you for a special K
            OK Schroder it is, providing you don't need the accents! By the way I wasn't just throwing names around, but no point in doing a lot of typing if they were wrong.

The other I mentioned could qualify. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaap_Kunst

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

He's real pedant Cali!

Comment

• amateur51

OK Schroder it is, providing you don't need the accents! By the way I wasn't just throwing names around, but no point in doing a lot of typing if they were wrong.

The other I mentioned could qualify. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaap_Kunst
                I don't think it's exactly being pedantic to ask for clear answers to specific clues, cloughie - part'n'parcel of life in AA I'd say

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

I don't think it's exactly being pedantic to ask for clear answers to specific clues, cloughie - part'n'parcel of life in AA I'd say
                  You're even pedantic in your responses - but I guess you'll not change!

A K 3 of them a Composer, a Singer and a Violinist

Comment

• Northender

Private N pops his head above trench parapet ...has a quick shifty...another couple of whizzbangs land disturbingly close...pops head down again.
                    'Well, Sarge, it's all a bit like WWI up there, as far as I can gather - long periods of inactivity followed by outbursts of activity of varying degrees of hostility'.
                    'Get back up there, man - we need a latter-day futile gesture'.
                    [Exit Private N]
                    A thoughtful frown crosses the no-man's-land of the Seargent's worryingly low forehead.
                    'Let's hope the 'Special K' doesn't turn into a serial barrage'

:laugh

Comment

• Northender

You're even pedantic in your responses - but I guess you'll not change!

A K 3 of them a Composer, a Singer and a Violinist
                      Andrew, Isa and Gidon Kremer?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Northender View Post
                        Private N pops his head above trench parapet ...has a quick shifty...another couple of whizzbangs land disturbingly close...pops head down again.
                        'Well, Sarge, it's all a bit like WWI up there, as far as I can gather - long periods of inactivity followed by outbursts of activity of varying degrees of hostility'.
                        [Exit Private N]
                        A thoughtful frown crosses the no-man's-land of the Seargent's worryingly low forehead.

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Andrew, Isa and Gidon Kremer?
                          No - they are not related as far as I know.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

[Exit Private N]

Love it, Northo!

I'm blubbing in the officer's mess dreaming of Blighty
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Northender

No - they are not related as far as I know.
                              Please explain 'related', which does not feature in the question.

Comment

• Northender

Love it, Northo!

I'm blubbing in the officer's mess dreaming of Blighty
                                Get a hold of yourself, man....no, no, NOT THERE!

Comment

Working...
                                X