• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Resurrection Man View Post
    It is the same name.
    Classical music connection?
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Most definitely classical.

Comment

to do with the cathedrals ?

composers born in those cities ?

performers ?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          Really? I thought he was a universally loved sort of cheeky chappie? Are you saying there was a very dark side to him? (Incidentally, I love Wilson Keppel & Betty!)
          It's a me-thing, Anna possibly even a family-thing. I could never see the funny side of him and when my mother was first ill we were chatting and it emerged that she found Askey to be spooky, for roughly the reasons I have described. It could be something to do with the fact that he looked like my mother's father ... and there the trail ends, I'm afraid

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
            to do with the cathedrals ?

composers born in those cities ?

performers ?
            The cathedral was the venue in one of them. A hall, the venue for another and a theatre for the third.

Not the performers....maybe an aspect of the performance is relevant.

And we're looking at a spread of dates from the 1890's to the 1950's.

Comment

The cathedral was the venue in one of them. A hall, the venue for another and a theatre for the third.

Ah 1890s - I was beginning to think we were looking at venues for Have A Go! with Wilfred Pickles

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                Ah 1890s - I was beginning to think we were looking at venues for Have A Go! with Wilfred Pickles
                Arthur Askey. Wilfrid Pickles. You'll be dragging out Gracie Fields next !!

Comment

And two of the performances were at music festivals.

Comment

You'll be dragging out Gracie Fields next !!
                    As long as he's not dragged up as Gracie Fields, we should be ok RM

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                      As long as he's not dragged up as Gracie Fields, we should be ok RM

cheeky

Comment

OK let's go for Gloucester cathedral in the Three Choirs Festival
                        a hall in Norwich in the Norwich Festival
                        and a theatre in Rome

?

premieres of works ?

Comment

OK let's go for Gloucester cathedral in the Three Choirs Festival
                          a hall in Norwich in the Norwich Festival
                          and a theatre in Rome

?

premieres of works ?
                          Spot on !

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                            cheeky

I thang-yooo!

Comment

so I want three pieces of music premiered at those three locations and [three?] composers of those works share a name which is J

wikipedia not very forthcoming as to Norwich premieres, only Moeran in their list has a J middle name

wiki says Sibelius's Luonnotar was premiered at the 1913 Three Choirs

Comment

so I want three pieces of music premiered at those three locations and [three?] composers of those works share a name which is J

wikipedia not very forthcoming as to Norwich premieres, only Moeran in their list has a J middle name
                                Your underlying logic is correct...just that you have made one wrong assumption in your logic...without wanting to give too much away.

Comment

Working...
                                X